• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Demeyere (Kitchenaid) 5qt Saute Pan (2mm Copper inside) w/ Lid (New)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I also have a few brand new Demeyere (Kitchenaid) 5qt Saute Pan w/ Lid (New). These were made by Demeyere for Kitchenaid 7-8 years ago. Pan is heavy, w/ lid it's about 8.5lbs and it's a pretty special pan in itself. I think, outside pure copper, it;s likely the best SS pan one can get in this size/shape. The pan is 7 ply and it has a thicker bottom disc where you have 2mm of copper (I believe thickest all-clad only has 0,9mm max).

I only had a chance to use mine twice, but it worked very well. I did porkchops that came out awesome and braised cabbage that worked out very nicely too. I actually owned a similar all-clad tk 5qt saute pan as well, that was coppercore and this one is much heavier and gives me faster heating, better crust, and overall performs better.

I am asking $220 per pan. Price includes shipping in CONUSA and paypal. Pictures are not that great, I just came back from being away for a while, so if you need better or specific ones, please ask

below is sold
I am selling my last remaining Matfer Bourgeat piece (remnants from here), And a very cool Demeyere Saute Pan that they made for Kitchenaid.

Matfer Bourgeat 28cm Rondeau w/ Lid. Lid is much more heavy duty than ones I encountered by Mauviel. I believe Handles are cast Iron. Pan weights close to 10lbs with lid. Condition is used but loved. I kept it from original batch I sold, because I love finishing dishes in the oven, but more and more I came to realization (well, I knew it, but lets say I was in denial) that when I braise or roast, I usually do larger batches. But, it's otherwise, wonderful.

inner diameter is 11" outer almost adds an 1" due to flared lip. height is 3"

*SPF* Asking $320. Price includes shipping in CONUSA and paypal.

ki1.jpg

ki2.jpg

2021-08-13 22.59.32.jpg

2021-08-13 22.59.40.jpg

Attachments

• COPPER1.jpg
    COPPER1.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 160
  • COPPER2.jpg
    COPPER2.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 60
  • ki5.jpg
    ki5.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 64
  • ki3.jpg
    ki3.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Matfer Bourgeat Copper is all copper of just the other shell? What’s the cooking surface made of? Trying to understand if it’s all copper through and through.

Thank you!

You are a couple of days late for me as I just bought an All-Clad copper core pan that exact size.

You are a couple of days late for me as I just bought an All-Clad copper core pan that exact size.

The bourgeat is a bit larger than all clads, enough to make a notable difference. My bourgeat is about 0.6in larger in inside diameter than my all-clad. Seems like that should be good enough for you to own both!

I also ordered an All-Clad copper core 12-inch fry pan which is on its way. I do like reactive pans. No polishing is the real plus.

matfer sold, ty all for the interest. demeyere is left, I used mine twice this weekend and i really like it. Basically performs like my atlantis 12.5" just deeper with lid

I used the copper stew pot I bought from @ptolemy last night, really love that pot, thought I'd give him a bump. The demeyere branded one is $360 at W-S

Here's an overview of Demeyere's rebranding strategy for the skeptics amongst us:

https://www.centurylife.org/cookware-by-any-other-name-cooks-just-as-well/

There is one thing on the article that does not look accurate. The Silver frying pan and the Kitchen Aid pans are 7-ply cladded 3mm whilst the Proline/Atlantis are 7-Ply cladded with 4.8mm except for the 20cm frying pan.

https://www.demeyere-online.com/content/demeyere/uk/en/categories/frying-pans.html
Cheers!

The pan offered here is a sauté pan. It’s got a disc base with 2mm of copper. Anything about skillets is extraneous

Below. I am just pointing that the article shared is inaccurate.
1629388914382.png

I got my info here next 10-20 seconds. Saute pan is a straight walled pan. It also has silver on each side, but it's silver foil, most likely only there to bond the layers, so I didn't mention it

I got my info here next 10-20 seconds. Saute pan is a straight walled pan. It also has silver on each side, but it's silver foil, most likely only there to bond the layers, so I didn't mention it

Yes, I have seen that video before too. There are a few more nice videos with this gentleman.

My point is just that Silver7 / is not the same as Atlantis / proline like the text indicates.

Yes, I have seen that video before too. There are a few more nice videos with this gentleman.

My point is just that Silver7 / is not the same as Atlantis / proline like the text indicates.

your point is well taken. i mean, shoot, because this is not atlantis, it could have all SS plate, as kitchenaid does not specifically break down the composition... IMO and it's not true, obviously, but since we dont 100% know, there is still a chance, even if its tiny.

For example the Silver 7 frying pans and the Atlantis 7 (Proline 7) frying pans are exactly the same except for the profile of the handle. Same 7-ply thickness.
I watched a belgian video (in french) in which it was explained that all their 7 series share the same based multi-ply. Same based disc structure along all the 7 series, same 7-ply along all the 7 series.

Last edited:
I don't know about each product of those respective series but what is misleading is for example the Silver 7 frying pans and the Atlantis 7 (Proline 7) frying pans are exactly the same except for the profile of the handle. Same 7-ply thickness.

In a way, that is inevitable issue with the internet. I might be wrong, but I believe silver 7 was sur la table exclusive; therefore, it was likely sold below their normal line's price. That different is the difference. Same applies to rebranded kitchenaid 7-ply that I am selling, which is basically top of the line demeyere. Just, no one was meant to discover it and when they did, it's only available on few niche forums...

Same could be applied to many other things... like costco selling same samsung tv but with 1 less hdmi port... or some other smaller differences... but they are not a part of samsungs MAP/UPP system, because it is a different model.

Going back to silver 7 or kitchenaid rebrand... there is a good chance that sur la tab le ordered 1000+ pieces and kitchenaid maybe 5000+ pieces, which made using their already made tooling even a better investment. Since handled are attached later, it was likely a much cheaper fix in update to the tooling. To demeyere it meant 2 huge orders, very quick cash turnaround, and allowed them to get even better prices on metal, due to economies of scale.

Now that kitchenaid is discontinued, we the consumers win, as we have a pan available for 50% less than identical demeyere counterpart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back