Design improvement, convexing and grinding

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still learning. :viking:
Yesterday and today I am learning that although I am in very good practice for full flat grinds, I am a bit out of practice for partial flat grinds. Keep your panties on everyone,:eek2: it just means a bit more hand work away from the grinder. Although I know I will have one blade with the grinds a bit higher than the rest.
Here is one rough ground and one that is hand finished, not quite done with that one, but I thought it woul be a good time to stop and rest my arms and shoulders.
Del

rough and finished.jpg

Very nice! I'm loving those lines. Wish I could sign myself up for one.

Del, are the handle choices pre-arranged or with mine can I do a custom handle? If I can, how much more would it add to the $430?

Just let me know if its an additional cost...

Do You have a layaway plan? :laugh: sucks being broke

was goingto say dave must have AC as my shop was 102 mid day and still 0ver 100 even at 8PM

del keep it up

Del, How much are the 3 available ones going for? Thanks

Mike

Very impressive, Del! Do you plan to do different styles in mono steel - ie sujihikis, petties and so on - down the line? just curious.

Though, even with my heavy rotation of 240mm gyutos, it is still taking all of my will to resist buying one of these... oof, you might be getting an email from me in the near future. oh man

Very impressive, Del! Do you plan to do different styles in mono steel - ie sujihikis, petties and so on - down the line? just curious.

Though, even with my heavy rotation of 240mm gyutos, it is still taking all of my will to resist buying one of these... oof, you might be getting an email from me in the near future. oh man

Yes, I am planning on sujis for sure, as well as more gyutos in several sizes, and maybe sujis in more than one size.
Not sure about the pettys, I will have no trouble making them, just wondering about the price point for those.
Del

So are these pieces done yet? :viking:

Very interesting thread.I am very happy you are evolving.When we talked at the Badger blade show I did not have the impression you were going to change your game plan.Congrats

Very interesting thread.I am very happy you are evolving.When we talked at the Badger blade show I did not have the impression you were going to change your game plan.Congrats

Mario,
I did indeed at that time believe that I had a great design, however, I am not so old and stubborn that I can't learn a few things.
Del

Ok, just got in from the shop, its just after 4 am here. The handles are on and the glue is setting. :viking:

Don't expect me to be on before 10
Del

handle group.jpg

Ok, just got in from the shop, its just after 4 am here. The handles are on and the glue is setting. :viking:

Don't expect me to be on before 10
Del

Uh... I was kidding. Holy crap, that's fast! :viking:

Those handles look uncomfortable. I would seriously reconsider your design in favor of something more ergonomic. Just my $.02

She's a beauty! A lucky knife nut is about to be very happy.

That knife looks stunning!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now, THAT's a sweet-lookin' knife. :viking:

I just noticed that the "ferrule" doesn't end where the Ealy ferrules generally do. Is there a reason for that?

I just noticed that the "ferrule" doesn't end where the Ealy ferrules generally do. Is there a reason for that?
Actually, that is where it is supposed to be, I have made a few that have been a bit longer, as a balance issue.
Del

Latest posts

Back