SOLD Devin Thomas 220 gyuto AEB-L

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

esoo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm probably mildly insane for selling this, but I always sort-of knew that I when I bought this knife I would sell it. I really wanted to try Devin's AEB-L and I'm glad I did as the knife is fantastic. I'm just a user of knives and something like this knife is in the area where I don't feel comfortable using it daily, and it having it sitting in a box is not my thing. I'd rather have two lesser knives that I feel comfortable with for daily use.

Specs: 220x47 - 180g, balance at the heel. Near mirror polish is stunning. Taper to the tip is stunning - the tip is so thin it will flex and it ghosts through onions like nothing else. Bocote wood handle.

Beauty shots:
20200713_170341 1.jpg

20200713_170404.jpg

20200713_170434.jpg

20200713_170446.jpg

20200713_170452.jpg

Now in full disclosure, there are scratches on the blade - I will show what I can get in a second post. Due to the near mirror polish, they are usually invisible but then become visible in some angles and lighting, so they are tough to get in a picture. I asked Hoss how to polish them out and he said to use ScotchBrite. I don't have enough skill to do that so I'm delivering the blade with them.

The blade has been stropped on leather, but not sharpened. Just looking at the edge, there is a 2mm section that seems to reflect differently, but I can't feel anything there. The best pic I can get will be in the second post as well.

There is no box or saya.

Price:
I'm going to put this up for $820CDN (~$605USD). That price includes insured shipping to anywhere in Canada/ConUS. Lesser blades I might ship without insurance, but this one has to ship insured. I haven't had any of my US buyer complain about duty from Canada into the US, but if it happens, that is on the buyer. If you're in the Toronto area, I will drop the value of the insured shipping if we meet in person.

Once you consider exchange, bank fees, duty and taxes that I paid for this blade and that I'm covering the insured shipping, I'm not going to be making a profit selling it for this price. This is an example of where buying things in Canada from the US just plain sucks.

I am open to reasonable offers, as well as I willing to work out payments (knife shipping when the payments are done)

Thanks for looking.

ecchef

Staff member
Founding Member
Global Moderators
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin’s work with AEB-L is probably the best around. Whoever grabs this won’t be disappointed.

esoo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is an example of some of the scratches on the blade. I honestly don't know where they came from as it was only washed with a soft sponge or cloth - never a scrubby side.

These can only been seen at the right angle, the rest of the time they are invisible.
20200713_170742.jpg

20200713_171015.jpg

20200713_171019.jpg

20200713_171026.jpg

Here is the spot on the edge that seems to reflect differently. Again is just a small angle that I see the spot, but I want to fully document what I see for any potential buyer.

20200713_175216.jpg

Reactions: ian

Nemo

Staff member
Global Moderators
Reaction score
I was thinking to myself.... this isn't gonna last long...

12 minutes! Congrats to the buyer.