• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Devin Thomas 270 mm ITK

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought this about 10 years ago and could never really use a 270 mm gyuto, so I put it away in the closet. I still can't use it and it deserves to be used; it's an ITK.
The steel is AEBL and it just came back from being sharpened by Murray Carter. I don't have the original box or papers. Asking $600 shipped in CONUS.
Shipping only in the US. Sorry for the confusion.
IMG_20220128_062933118.jpg
IMG_20220128_063400012.jpg

IMG_20220128_063305856_BURST001.jpg

Last edited:
Haha I have the same knife and am considering a second. Glws it’s a great one

Someone is going to be very happy with their new purchase! My 240 AEB-L lives out on the cutting board an is used multiple times/ day. Had to get a second one last year because my wife kept taking it. These ITKs are a fantastic value.

You guys are making me feel like crap for not buying this. Not very happy right now

Someone is going to be very happy with their new purchase! My 240 AEB-L lives out on the cutting board an is used multiple times/ day. Had to get a second one last year because my wife kept taking it. These ITKs are a fantastic value.
Is Hoss still making these? I thought they were unobtainable - one of the reasons I felt bad having one and not using it.

Yeah some was really lucky, love 270s and would have snatched it up in a sec. Dam work getting in the way of buying knives.

He is very much still making (although I believe he got Covid last year which didn't help) but he posts mostly on his IG account ... also he is still using a variety of material systems (I think he just did an A2 in san mai last weeks ...)

Here are a few that I was able to beg him to make in the last couple of years; stainless bubblewrap (X2 with different metals) and stainless bubblewrap (san mai) last year;

IMG_5630.JPG

A couple in MagnaCut (san mai - mirror polish hence the ceiling light reflection) the bottom is an AEB-L / ITK from quite some time ago.

IMG_5797.JPG

A 270 / Suji in AEB-L from late 2020/early 2021

IMG_4746.JPG

He is very much still making (although I believe he got Covid last year which didn't help) but he posts mostly on his IG account ... also he is still using a variety of material systems (I think he just did an A2 in san mai last weeks ...)

Here are a few that I was able to beg him to make in the last couple of years; stainless bubblewrap (X2 with different metals) and stainless bubblewrap (san mai) last year;

View attachment 163164

A couple in MagnaCut (san mai - mirror polish hence the ceiling light reflection) the bottom is an AEB-L / ITK from quite some time ago.

View attachment 163165

A 270 / Suji in AEB-L from late 2020/early 2021

View attachment 163166

He has also done several knives recently in 1.2519. That Achim Wirtz steel seems to have been one of the inspirations (along with 52100) for Larrin Thomas' ApexUltra (commercial release anticipated for March?). I remain hopeful that @DevinT will do another small run of MagnaCut 225s. Long may he reign!

Is Hoss still making these? I thought they were unobtainable - one of the reasons I felt bad having one and not using it.
It was a case of him having a blank around that had not been finished previously.

He would make more if he wasn't working 80 hours/ week churning out knives for MontezumaBoy... :mad:

:p

Whats ITK?

In the Kitchen, I believe. I hope the wiser members of the community will correct me but I seem to have some vague memory that the blanks for these were laser cut or some sort of similar step to expedite production (could be a false memory, perhaps from consuming forbidden substances in my youth).

Last edited:
It was a case of him having a blank around that had not been finished previously.

He would make more if he wasn't working 80 hours/ week churning out knives for MontezumaBoy... :mad:

:p

Jealousy is an ugly look Mr W_B ... LOL ... rightly so I am afraid ... but in my "defense" the bubblewrap blades took quite a bit of begging (tried bribery, crying, pledging my allegiance, etc but those didn't seem to work as well) plus I think Hoss took pity on me ... :upsidedownspin:

Last edited:
InTheKitchen was the name of a forum that preceded KKF.

The DT ITKs were coordinated via a member and discussion thread on that forum and done as a limited run of identical knives. If memory serves I think there were a total of around 30 split between 240/270mm lengths and the first 10 were numbered. The profile was derived from the Suisin/Konosuke/Tadatsuna/"sakai" lasers which were popular at the time.

My 240 DT ITK was a nice compliment to a 240 Tad INOX.

InTheKitchen was the name of a forum that preceded KKF.

The DT ITKs were coordinated via a member and discussion thread on that forum and done as a limited run of identical knives. If memory serves I think there were a total of around 30 split between 240/270mm lengths and the first 10 were numbered. The profile was derived from the Suisin/Konosuke/Tadatsuna/"sakai" lasers which were popular at the time.

My 240 DT ITK was a nice compliment to a 240 Tad INOX.

Thanks for the origin story. Some 210s and 225s claimed to be ITKs have appeared from time to time on BST so I assume there were some later runs in other sizes?

Thanks for the origin story. Some 210s and 225s claimed to be ITKs have appeared from time to time on BST so I assume there were some later runs in other sizes?

Possibly but I don't recall any 210s. There was a lot of interest in so called "line" knives around that period and it is possible Devin made customs based on the ITK design.

Another source of confusion for the 240s at least is that the sakai profiles run short so the actual edge length is about 225mm while tip to handle is 240mm.

Back