Devin Thomas Custom 9/11 knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
The original plan was to auction the knife today but rather than rush perfection the auction will take place in the very near future once the knife is complete and I can take proper photos. Stay tuned.

About the knife:

240mm western handle gyuto. Ebony handle with matching saya made by Marko Tsourkan. The damascus pattern requested is original and one of a kind. Devin has placed the value at $5000 but the auction price will start significantly lower.

I have not seen the knife in any form. I am purposely waiting for that first glimpse when I open the box. Something tells me Devin is cooking up something special.

The proceeds from the sale of this knife are being donated to the Children's Burn Camp here in Wisconsin.

This one should be something pretty incredible!
I can't help but wonder how much you guys are going to raise for charity.
Great idea!

Ill start the bidding at 1800 USD : )

Unseen :)

Well you've priced me out of this market. I am sure this is going to be a special Drawer Queen. Who would have the disrespect to use such a knife?

Who would have the disrespect NOT to use it? :D

Well you've priced me out of this market. I am sure this is going to be a special Drawer Queen. Who would have the disrespect to use such a knife?

There are 2 makers in the world that range higher than anyone else on my list: Devin Thomas and Bill Burke. 1800 for a Devin Thomas is a bargain. Would be really happy if I got it, but I think I will go for much higher.

So far I have the pleasure of having 3 Devin Thomas in my home. I love everything about them.

There are 2 makers in the world that range higher than anyone else on my list: Devin Thomas and Bill Burke. 1800 for a Devin Thomas is a bargain. Would be really happy if I got it, but I think I will go for much higher.

So far I have the pleasure of having 3 Devin Thomas in my home. I love everything about them.

Can't wait to see pics Salty.

OD: Do you have any DT customs or his mid-tech line?

I know you have mentioned it before, but is this a private auction, private online, or ran through a public auction site like Ebay?

I know it's the easiest meduim to run the auction, but it irks me that friggin ebay gets thier giant cut of something like this. oy vey

Only you mentioned $1,800, and Scott mentioned $5,000. If it falls short he is going to bid it up, so I think you are correct that it will go higher.

I'm all for a good cause but this price and the set proceed organization limits the bidding greatly IMO.

With that said, I can't wait to see the knife.

k.

Last edited:
Well, IF in the end it goes to Salty, and he gave $5K to charity, and it serves the purpose it was intended for (it would see some service and be really kickass), I think that we have an excellent opportunity to be a part of some good. Plus we get to live vicariously through the photos of the knife's awesomeness.

I'm a touch envious that it is beyond my price threshold at this stage of the year (bad financial situation has rained crap all over the stock market - should have kept my money in custom damascus instead); but I think the idea fulfils the objective well. I wish I could own it, but I'm glad the charity gets more if i don't.

Well there are prolly a few people around these parts that could use a nice big tax write off, the funds going to a fire station makes it an easy claim. More power to you need a 5k write off, and more power to the beneficiaries as well!

Where will the knife be auctioned off so we can watch?

Also, I'm just curious because I was initially confused, but did Devin dontate this knife? Or is it a knife you commissioned and are donating?

k.

I hope this goes for a insane amount of money :)

I would be really happy to get it, but to kick start the auction Im in for 1800, so the starting price would not be any lower.
I love Devins work. I also really like Devin (the cowboy)

img_6260-1000x667.jpg

Sorry Oivind but the starting price will be above that. I really have to give credit to Devin. He is donating a significant portion of what the knife would normally cost.

He and his knife are the star of this show.

Side note: My dad passed away 18 years ago a relatively young man. He took to wearing a Stetson every now and then. He looked a lot like Devin.

Well, I guess this knife will be out of my price range. But Im happy for you :)
Devin is the best.

I've no idea. Actually, I think it got delayed, perhaps for a year or more. I know Scott had a poor showing of buyers for tickets for the dinner.

Back