• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Devin Thomas Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CB1968

Reaction score
For sale rare Devin Thomas Damascus Western, I’ve had this knife for a while and have used it a couple of times only, this knife has never sharpened by me, and appears in brand new condition, this is probably the most beautiful knife in my collection and the photos don’t really do the knife justice.

240mm x 58mm at the heel, stainless steel Bubblewrap Damascus, Mokume bolster.
Western handle, hidden tang construction with Mokume fastening bolts (see photos) i believe the wood is Black Ash however Hoss would need to confirm?

30F7040C-4EF6-44D5-B042-3361E2BABE1F.jpeg

D38C0846-AF96-4213-A9DE-43F1A593A66E.jpeg
F3561ECF-3A56-4E53-A70F-D3DCE2152E6B.jpeg
BD0D8010-B8E8-4CD2-BDCD-C35D207F577B.jpeg
728E7811-3136-42F8-86DA-000513A19473.jpeg
A5749DDE-AB9A-4B4D-A856-EBB2FCD0B30C.jpeg
347F8495-609A-45C3-AD86-E75AF71CE2EC.jpeg

I paid $3500 inc postage and PP fees when i purchased a couple of years ago, i am asking $3600 shipped worldwide.
I would also consider appropriate trades, obviously the knife/s would need to be pretty special, however i know there are some gems out there so please feel free to hit me up.

Whats the core steel? The mokume accents are a really nice detail.

Beautiful Senor ~ what is the steel on the shorter gyuto / Wa on the left of the group photo? San mai? Just curious ...

Missed this and the 220 Hoss posted ... obviously not spending enough time "worried" about items on B/S/T ... LOL

All the best to the buyer & seller - stunning knife in every way ...

It’s impossible to beat Hoss, bubble wrap and raindrop, oh boy... This is impossible to beat! To hell with all those Ashi Honyaki and Hattori KD, this is the knife to rule them all.

It’s impossible to beat Hoss, bubble wrap and raindrop, oh boy... This is impossible to beat! To hell with all those Ashi Honyaki and Hattori KD, this is the knife to rule them all.
Pfffft, DTs are so 1990s. I would not waste my breath even mentioning them to any of the newer KKF members. I would hate to see them spend their hard-earned money by starting to chase after them. Best to just let unwoke fossils like me accumulate them to keep them out of the general population so people can focus more on the latest and greatest makers.

This must have been hard to let go.

I've been after that specific knife for years. I have had a chance to hold in hand and it's perfect. Whoever got this baby will be really happy!

Is that Really textured, or a visual effect?

This must have been hard to let go.

I've been after that specific knife for years. I have had a chance to hold in hand and it's perfect. Whoever got this baby will be really happy!
Those that have been around this forum for long enough will know where this knife came from, Anthony had one of the finest collections of kitchen knives ever.
This knife is going to a good home and DT collector

Beautiful Senor ~ what is the steel on the shorter gyuto / Wa on the left of the group photo? San mai? Just curious ...

Missed this and the 220 Hoss posted ... obviously not spending enough time "worried" about items on B/S/T ... LOL

All the best to the buyer & seller - stunning knife in every way ...
Thanks mate, how does anyone keep up with Devins core steels? All i can tell you is that its carbon and its amazing, it also has a Stefan handle, this knife and the western were both purchased from the same forum member, the other darker Gyuto is also San-Mai with 1.2519 core and its probably the best performing kitchen knife i own, the Hoss HT on this steel is beyond brilliant, both of these knives will never be sold.

His stainless feather is my favourite Damascus pattern of any maker

Back