• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Devin Thomas San Mai Mystery Carbon 260mm Sujihiki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Line cooked

Reaction score
I purchased this knife from Pesky 3 years ago or so. I have since been very inactive here, and doing less and less with my gear. Life and work have gotten in the way a bit, but I still love kitchen knives. However I thinks its someone else's turn with this beauty. It has been gently used over the last 3 years and formed a light patina I think it will make someone very happy. I am copy pasting from the original link Pesky setup back in 2013. Asking what I paid for it $800.00. I hope the link works for the image other wise I will try an d figure it out another way. Thanks for looking.

"Well guys and gals, here it is. An immaculately kept Devin Thomas Mystery Carbon Steel San Mai 260mm Sujihiki. This is an amazing knife made out of an amazing steel by an amazing man. This knife was used sparingly by its previous owner, and once by me! Why am I selling it? I am thinning the herd. I love this knife but have others that I reach for before this one. That, and the reality that 6 sujihikis is just too many for a guy like me!

The price to own this piece of Mormon perfection is $800. Right now Devin isn't even making knives and if he was you'd have to wait until next year at least to get one."
6504-10-1-4-quot-sanmai-suji-for-sale

What does the edge and heel height measure? Has it been sharpened down over the years at all? Has it been thinned (or does it need thinning)?

A picture would be great

+1

We can see what it originally looked like, but people will absolutely want to see what it looks like after three years of ownership by someone. Especially when spending this much money.

I am almost certain it has been thinned, but not by me. Since I purchased this knife I have used it a handful of times and NEVER sharpened it. I will measure it and get dims up ASAP. I think Pics should be in this post.

As always thanks for the help and interest.

dt1_zpsjncfx29v.jpg

dt2_zpsihkxuvqa.jpg

dt3_zpsrydy4foz.jpg

It doesn't look like it's been thinned to me, I also don't think it's been used much.

Hoss

Looks better than new with that patina! So striking against the stainless sanmai.

This was is sold and shipped...again thanks for all the interest and help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back