DFW Meetup!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should be able to come. Not too far from Austin. Dont have much to show off besides Eamons awesome sheath work but I will be there to learn.

Excellent, I will most definitely see you and everyone else there!!:headbang:

I just finished this one so I can bring it to the gathering. Hope to see y'all there.
20120703_110000.jpg

very cool. Don't see handles like that here. Very different, looks great.

Had a great time at the meetup, thanks Eamon for hosting! Lots of good food, knives and stones. There might have been more stones than knives which is a first for me.

My wife was kind enough to take some pictures while I was checking everything out.

Here is a link to the photos.

It was nice meeting everybody, turns out I only live 19 miles from Eamon so it was a short trip for me.

I think we only lost one finger which is pretty good for a event like this.

Did I mention the ribs??? They were awesome!

Again, had a great time and thanks Eamon for hosting!

Wish I could have made it, looks fun. Thanks for the pics

Great pics!

It was a really good time! I enjoyed catering it, too, and Bulldogbacchus' ribs were definitely a high point food-wise.

Heath's JNat collection is bewildering.

There were some really great knives, and some of the nicest people I've meet in a long time there. I had a ton of fun, and now I just wanna do it again next year.

Oh, and the event would not have been a good knife event if no blood were drawn, but I have to say, I've never seen anyone lose part of a finger without getting blood on the knife, only find out when someone else says something, and then find the missing body part 3 slices of cucumber back.

I had a great time. The ribs and pulled pork were great but I especially liked the Ghost Chili Sorbet!

That knife roll is sweet. Is that a Steve Goodson the leather worker on this forum? Looks like a ton of fun, and great time with knives and stones.

The pictures look like you had fun! Great to see more and more in-person events sprouting from this forum.

Stefan

Thanks Jason, although I think everybody else went for the Strawberry or Cherry.:D

Not everyone! I ate two scoops of Ghost Chili.......and I've ALMOST stopped burning already! The strawberry was my favorite though.

Wish I could've been there. Sound like y'all had a blast. Maybe my timing will be better the next time.

PZ

Looks like fun! I was in the office until 4 that day and afterwards was exhausted from a long night Friday and went back to the house and crashed out. Hopefully I can make it next time if something is planned in the future!

Still got the finger! Just a little less skin. Yes, fun times were had by all...

I had to try the Ghost peppers sorbet too...it was good and the burning is just as intense with the ice if anyone was curious...

Thanks so very much to Eamon for hosting a great little get together. It was equally great to get to meet everyone as well and be able to discuss our favorite obsession in person. I great to hear other peoples perspectives on things as well as sharing ideas. Thanks again to one and all, looking forward to next year!!

Back