Diamond slurry, want suggested suppliers

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick alen

Reaction score
I was just going to buy some from US Products, but thought I'd check for preferred options. Looking primarily for 3, 1 and 0.5 micron, but might also try some lower grits.

I use phoenix knife house 1micron on leather strop.
If I would live in US I would get stuff from US Products, and not only diamonds.

Haven't gotten USP's diamond slurry, but I found their CBN dilute for my tastes, even the most concentrated solution they sell. Probably should have ordered several bottles for how much the shipping was for the one

USProducts diamonds for sure...haven't tried their other products. Not sure what use you'll have for <1u unless you're using straight razors?

As an aside, I really liked the colored diamond solutions that Dave Martell sold for a while but believe he is out of stock?

Advanced abrasives in pennsauken, nj is also quite good. The company I work for use them for plastic injection tools.
products are coloured if that makes a difference. Their particles seems to be more stable in terms of suspension than uspreviously as well.

Thanks guys, I'll check out Pennsauken, but possibly just buy from whoever cheaper. I may find I don't need the 0.5u but its worth a try for my purposes. I do a lot of very fine slicing, onions and peppers <1mm, cellery and garlic <0.5mm, similar with other stuff. So the closer I get to actual razor sharp likely the better that stuff will go. Also I currently avoid board contact with my main knife here to preserve the edge, so also thinking the loaded strop will be a fast touch up and then I won't fret a little board contact.

Back