D. Martell Diamond Spray?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
I get a few requests each month from people looking for diamond spray for use with their felt (or leather) stropping pads but I don't have anything to offer currently but I want to change that.

I want to offer again the same diamond sprays I used to sell - but - I could use some help to purchase the first bulk order. ;)

What I'm thinking of here is to offer this as a group buy with an initial price point the same as what I used to sell them for years ago and then once I get it stocked the price will have to increase for future sales.

p1010024-jpg.41195

Description:
Our "Blue & Green Diamond" honing sprays are a water based diamond slurry that comes packaged in a convenient pump spray bottle. Unlike other diamond slurries, the diamond particles in our "Blue & Green Diamond" sprays are held in permanent suspension through the use of a binding agent. Our diamond spray will not "settle" and does not require vigorous shaking during use. This means that the same concentration will be available at the first squeeze of the pump as well as the very last! This is something that I find valuable because, over the years, I've thrown away a lot of bottles of diamond sprays that crapped out when the diamond particles ran out and nothing but carrier fluid was left behind.

Man-made monocrystalline diamond powder has been used in our sprays. Monocrystalline diamond particles are single crystal structures, blocky in form, and very strong. They will break down in use, however, they do so slowly.

"Blue & Green Diamond" can be used to supercharge felt & leather honing pads. Unlike other diamond sprays our versions will not easily cause felt pads to lump and is perfectly safe to use on smooth leather strops. An added feature of using a colored slurry is that you can actually see where you have applied spray to. If you've ever used a white/beige slurry on a white/beige felt pad then you know exactly why this feature is so special.

Directions: Apply a liberal coating but take care not to soak as damage to pads may occur. I suggest using a layering approach much like you would use while spray painting.

Use our Blue Diamond 1.0 micron honing spray to refine a highly polished edge, to add some bite.

Use our Green Diamond 3.0 micron honing spray to bring back to life a dying edge or to use following a 3000x-5000x sharpening stone to add in that nice crispy toothy edge that we all love in the kitchen.

Concentration: Heavy

Is this something that would interest any of you?

PS - I also want to stock felt pads but I can't do that since I can never get the stuff on any regular basis. If that ever changes I'll for sure offer them, lots of people would be happy. :)

I wasn't around when you previously sold diamond spray, so I don't recall the price point. What will the initial price for the group buy be?

I've been wanting to get a water-based spray, as my current diamond products are oil-based.

These were the old prices...

Blue Diamond Honing Spray - 1.0 micron

$29.50 - 4oz

$19.50 - 2oz

Green Diamond Honing Spray - 3.0 micron

$31.50 - 4oz

$21.50 - 2oz

I have to make sure that the manufacturer hasn't blown up the prices too much but if at all possible I'll keep these prices the same for the group buy.

Don't ream me to bad, but, can this spray be used on whetstone's?

I'm not sure so proceed with caution!

Now that you've been officially warned..... I'd say that it should be OK but who knows.

Well it appears that there's enough interest for this group buy....awesome! :)

I'll get back with details soon.

Thanks everyone!

One of each 4 oz too please.

Dave put me down for at least one of whichever one is better! Ryan

I'm still good for now but recommend that anyone on the fence jump in on this... it's top notch stuff.

I heard back from the manufacturer today and even though the price has increased it's only by a small amount so that means we can do this as planned! :cool:

I'll start a new sales thread soon.

Thanks everyone!

Wow! Dave, I still have and use a little of your blue spray on my leather strop. I also still have one of your felt blocks. Lasts a long time.
I'm gonna need one of each.
By the way, they both work well.
Mitch

Cool guys! I promise that I'll get this together real soon, just been crazy busy lately

Back