Did I buy a fake stone drunken?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Carl Kotte

Reaction score
I give up. It's unlappable...45 minutes and no success can't get rid of the belly. The corners are still not reached. Anyway I tried it on two knives. It's hard and not super fine. Just fine. I will put it in a box and forget about it.

Cheers!
This makes me sad. Bloody Mary

Reaction score
I give up. It's unlappable...45 minutes and no success can't get rid of the belly. The corners are still not reached. Anyway I tried it on two knives. It's hard and not super fine. Just fine. I will put it in a box and forget about it.

Cheers!
Never heard of an unlappable JNat.

Barely lappable hard arks, yes.

My online shopping will be sober from here on out.

"No it won't"

Shut up, you.

sunn

Reaction score
Never heard of an unlappable JNat.

Barely lappable hard arks, yes.

My online shopping will be sober from here on out.

"No it won't"

Shut up, you.
Haha, don't take my word exactly. But in 45 min with 60grit sic powder almost nothing happened, and I always put new powder on, because it got finer and finer..
But there was hardly any kind of stone on the glass. If I would do it for more 2 hours it would maybe become flat and I would gain Popeye's biceps...
That stone is not worth it...
Soon there is a Nakayama kiita suita coming.
Let's see what that one does.
Cheers!

ptolemy

Reaction score
that sucker almost looks like a chinese 12k grit... i haven't handled one in a long long time, but I remember it being a major pain to lap

Reaction score
Hey these stones look familiar 🤔😂.

Well. I would go nuclear actually now that you mention it. What I can nuclear at least. I have some 36 grit sic powder I only really use for flattening my 60 grit manticore. I bet that stuff will work. It literally ate through and turned the glass into frosted glass. That stuff is rough.

If that wont work.... I think they actually sell 20 or 16 grit for tumbling purposes. Never tried them. But yeah.