Did you ever throw a knife out (by accident)?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today I went dumpster diving to find a knife that I (or my wife) might have thrown away by accident. I turns out it was just (really) misplaced, but as I got to the bottom of the last garbage bag, I didn't exactly want to see a knife that might have been marinating in old yogurt and coffee grounds for three days.

Has this happened to anyone else?

k.

At work I have pulled them out of the garbage or found them at the bottom of the fry-o-later when cleaning it out. But at home? No. What kind of knife? Something small? I take it not a 360mm tuna sword.

I'm from the kitchen knife protection services. We're confiscating your knives and taking them to a group home. Mine.

It was my Miyabi paring knife. And don't discount the power of booze. No protection needed officer; my kids are safe and in bed.

k.

Oh i thought this thread was have you ever throw a kitchen knife at someone in the kitchen .:knifed:

Never a knife but I am missing a whole bunch of small spoons. No idea what happens to them, they just disappear. Maybe the are running away with the single socks that keep disappearing...

Stefan

I once accidently swept a 8 inch masahiro in the garbage can at a C.C I was working at.I was yelling and cursing at all the prep and utility guys tilon of them found it when emptying the trash....Embarrassing.

In the trash, no. But in the laundry, always... I always find the small paring knives in the uniform sleeve pockets of alot of chefs, especially in the hotels.

Never a knife but I am missing a whole bunch of small spoons. No idea what happens to them, they just disappear. Maybe the are running away with the single socks that keep disappearing...

Stefan

Good news, I've found out where all of those missing socks go

[video=youtube;oHemwSzS8_4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHemwSzS8_4&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Never a knife but I am missing a whole bunch of small spoons. No idea what happens to them, they just disappear.
When I lived in France, I asked my landlady if any spoons had fallen off the balcony into her yard as I was missing a few of them. She said 'no', but a few days later all my spoons were magically back in my drawer. Does your landlord have a key?

k.

Wow... my dad once went down the apartment to the dumpster about 12 years back to search for a tiny plastic handled utility knife I was using to cut up spring chicken. I must have left it in the box when I ditched it.

I was going on about how I would just replace it for him... but he insisted and found it in short order. Said it was right there and a waste to leave it.

Never used that knife on cooked chicken again. He DID remind me occasionally for the next 10 years or so not to throw knives out into the trash.

I just remembered. It was about 18 years back... my gf from hs had gone to Switzerland after grad and brought me back a SAK with the white handle... moved into a student house during uni... used it to cut pizza and bread rolls one day and left it in the box... room mate (stoner) cleared the box and the knife.

I just remembered. It was about 18 years back... my gf from hs had gone to Switzerland after grad and brought me back a SAK with the white handle... moved into a student house during uni... used it to cut pizza and bread rolls one day and left it in the box... room mate (stoner) cleared the box and the knife.

Tough luck to live with the ONE college room mate who actually cleans things up ;)

Stefan

Tough luck to live with the ONE college room mate who actually cleans things up ;)

Stefan

I later paid him back by accidentally blowing out his speakers playing Santana's Santana at Full Blast! haha :D

These stories are hurting me physically!

We used to put each other's knives in the trash at the sushi bar as a prank, and a way of saying "sharpen your stuff, you look like an idiot".

Once went dumpster diving for a whip attachment to a kitchen aid. We were giving away a few hundred pieces of cake on the sidewalk all topped with whipped cream. Had to go through that whole dumpster top to bottom, and never found the attachment. Had to make about 4 gallons of whipped cream by hand.

No, but I threw away the vast majority of my early attempts on purpose.:D

Maybe the are running away with the single socks that keep disappearing...

Along with the Can O Beans, Stick and Conch Shell.

Back