• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Discount Ikeda Honyaki (240) and Sukenari (270)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincaed

(____((__________()~~~
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
These were posted previously, if they look familiar, with further price drops. They have not been used since the original post, and photos are of current condition.
I combined houses, don't have room for as many knives as I used to.
Since Bernal and Carbon ran out of Ikeda's honyaki knives, I think Epic Edge is the only game in town I know of now. They've since raised prices substantially.
https://www.epicedge.com/shopexd.asp?id=96591&bc=no
Full Gallery with choil shots here

1. Ikeda White 3 honyaki gyuto, 240mm, $700 drop $675 shipped CONUS.
    Purchased new from Epic Edge, sharpened 3x (4k only), never thinned. Solid workpony, very clean execution. Original box.

2. Sukenari AS gyuto, 260mm, $250 sold shipped CONUS
    Purchased new from K&S. Clean convex grind. Custom heart-shaped K&S handle snakewood and blonde horn ferrule. Never sharpened. Original box.
If for some reason you want both, I'll knock $50 off the total price since it saves me hassle.

Possible trades
Interested in Kamon, Raquin, Asai Hayabusa (I miss the one I sold), Lew Griffin, HSCIII

Specs (zoom in)

1593556255299.png

IMG_8970b.jpg
IMG_8975.JPG
IMG_8989.JPG

Last edited:
Jesus that’s a hell of a deal, I would totally buy this right now but I already committed to another purchase. I’ve never owned a honyaki but plan on it in my next couple knife buys, I’m upset that I’m missing out on this...

somebody buy this before I turn this knife into an excuse to leave me!

Super pumped about the Sukenari! I have an Ikeda, and the honyaki is one of my unicorns. I wish I could scrape together the scratch...

This better sell asap!!!!

Haha! I guess that was the magic price. Thanks for the interest, getting to requests in order.
This community has been great to me, glad I can make someone out there happy during lean times.

Also, if anyone is interested in a Mario, I've got a beast coming up soon. Reapplying another layer of Tru oil to the saya, then it'll be up here.

I have the 240 Gesshin Ittetsu Honyaki or I wouldn't have been able to resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back