DIY Stone Holder

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlassEye

Reaction score
_DSC2368.jpg

_DSC2373.jpg

This is a stone holder I made yesterday from some scrap plywood. Dimensions are 30cm x 8cm x 5.5cm tall, *7.5cm tall (*at end with lift). The block slides in a slot and locks with carriage bolt and wingnut on bottom, hardware is stainless. Takashima Awasedo on base and Choseras without bases fit within the clamping space; could easily be made longer to accommodate larger stones. I wanted to try an angled base so I added an extra foot that attaches in two holes with pegs; which I really like. I will try to get an after-use photo (maybe with its first job), this thing is all green and black now from swarf.

I encourage anyone interested to use my design, or improve upon it, if they please; open-source for the KKF community.

Nice! What keeps it from sliding around? Is there any rubber on the "feet"?

Nice! What keeps it from sliding around? Is there any rubber on the "feet"?
I put stick-on rubber feet things on but they allowed too much wobbling, so I am just setting it on some non-slip mat.

Rounded edges and corners and what looks like a satin finish. You did a really nice job.

A damp kitchen towel works great as a nonstick surface. Catches swarf and excess runoff quite well as well making clean up rather easy. Love the design. It could be translated to a myriad of other materials fairly easily. Corian, some sexy Stabalized burled something or other come to mind.

That looks great. Functional too.

Very nice, thanks for showing your work!

Latest posts

Back