Do we know who manufactured the Dione Lucas French made Sabatier ?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sudsy

Reaction score
Just picked this up and I've had no luck finding any information
We're not talking about the odd clipped point Japanese knives made years later under her name.

Interesting knife. Heavy, much more weight to it then the comparable Thiers Issard, K, or Chef Au Ritz.
I'd love to know who actually made it.

Needs some polishing and sharpening and then it's going into the block to compete against a similar stainless Wusthof

5b17619a88714_DioneLucasknife1.jpg.05db6f2d1d9fa7982bef2231da4a9030.jpg

5b17619c6b0b6_DioneLucasknife2.jpg.c7b2364e69756ee3781f154a9477d050.jpg

5b17619e22ac4_DioneLucasknife3.jpg.6b1ced9325266dd36fe24c17d3805c0e.jpg

first hit on google, but it was an intersting read and I just leared something :cool:

Dione founded the Dione Lucas line of knives, which some people are still using and still swear by. They were made in conjunction with Bevis industries:

"Lucas invented the Gourmet Knives when the knife she was using proved an unsatisfactory de-fatting tool for her Supreme de Volaille. In frustration she created these knives with their excellent balance, molybdenum-alloy blades, and strong rosewood handles curved to fit the fingers. In 1974 four knives sold for $19.94, with a lifetime free-replacement guarantee." [23]

first hit on google, but it was an intersting read and I just leared something :cool:

Unfortunately that article discusses the fairly common Japanese made, odd looking, clip point series of knives that i mention in the opening post.
This knife is not one of them. This is an earlier French made Sabatier style, seems to be very good quality

Back