Dragon's Breath Yanagi ba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Burke

Reaction score
hi guys just wanted to share this:

blade 315mm (12.4 inches) dragons breath Damascus, 1080/15n20/nickel/52100
bolster integral with 24ct gold inlay
handle red morel burl, wood with musk ox horn spacer.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Wow , looks spectacular Bill , another masterpiece

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

Like Chef said, another masterpiece from an amazing Master Smith. Well done sir!

Is 24k gold easier to work with for inlay than harder 14 or 18k gold Bill?

Gorgeous knife! I think I'm just going to start collecting pictures of these as it's darn near impossible to collect the actual works!
I'll call it my "scrapbook of Dreams"...

That is one of the top three most beautiful knives, no things I have ever seen. Good work.

wow! what is the wait time for a piece like this?

mlm
As far as i know he has a waiting list more than a year , every now and then he puts some knives to epic edge but if you want someting like this you better contact him direct

wow! what is the wait time for a piece like this?

mlm

Wait list is two plus years at this time. the best way to get something fast is to find me at a show. the next one is the ICCE show in Kansas city.

Wait list is two plus years at this time. the best way to get something fast is to find me at a show. the next one is the ICCE show in Kansas city.

I know I've asked this before but how about the show in october in LA? This is something I'd buy. Prefer a 270mm Gyuto but for true art like this I'm willing to adjust my wants.....

I am scheduled to do the plaza cutlery show in October is that the show you are referring to?

Yes, the one in Costa Mesa. Less than an hour drive from me. I'd be curious to know what you are planning on bringing. I owe myself a cool knife.

thanks

Mike

Yes, the one in Costa Mesa. Less than an hour drive from me. I'd be curious to know what you are planning on bringing. I owe myself a cool knife.

thanks

Mike

I am not sure what I will have there. This show is only three weeks after the ICCE show in Kansas. So it will depend on what I have left from ICCE and what I can get made In the time between shows.

sorry it is sold. I have one I am finishing soon in a different pattern and without the integral bolsters.
man everyone talks about bob kramer, but dude you are incredible! This knife is insane! How much do your knives go for roughly? How much did you sell this one for? I'd love one day to have you make me one... that will be Years from now though...!

Back