Dumb work injuries

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Bear

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many many years ago, I looked down by the ovens, the new cook we had hired was lighting the pilot, turns out it was the oven, it blew him to the other side of the kitchen, I'll never forget the look on his eyebrow-less face, he was gone the next day.

ModRQC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was my reward last month when I finally managed to put an excellent edge and new bevels...

IMG_5135.jpg

... on my Victorinox 10".

IMG_5134.jpg

Another highly satisfying wound. It took work... and a moment of distraction... to get there.

ModRQC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s a limit to where I’d be proud of a cut for what it says about my sharpening, and where it starts to show very ill cutting technique, you know... 🤔

soigne_west

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many many years ago, I looked down by the ovens, the new cook we had hired was lighting the pilot, turns out it was the oven, it blew him to the other side of the kitchen, I'll never forget the look on his eyebrow-less face, he was gone the next day.
This happened to me with a salamander and a nice lighter

Luftmensch

Supporting Member
Reaction score
🤢

Some of the stories here really make me shudder...

It didn't happen to me, but it was hood cleaning day at a tourist trap I was at and the pantry guy is "in a rush", so he puts two sheet trays on top of the deep fryers and they slip while he was standing on top of them. Thing was off for maybe 10 minutes before he plunged waist deep. Chest really, since his knees buckled to catch his fall.
That is just horrific... can't imagine the pain you would be in.