Duo of KU Kato gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would be interesting to also add comparison to a "regular" Kato standard, workhorse or both if you have access to any.

Good idea! I do have a regular workhorse, but its quite a thin one (came that way) so I’m not too sure how fair that would be.

Good idea! I do have a regular workhorse, but its quite a thin one (came that way) so I’m not too sure how fair that would be.

Well, as long as you disclose this and report measurements like for the other two knives, most of us will be able to deal with this.....;) Just describe differences in performance, there are differences knife to knife anyway, so not doing science here, but would be interesting.

Well, as long as you disclose this and report measurements like for the other two knives, most of us will be able to deal with this.....;) Just describe differences in performance, there are differences knife to knife anyway, so not doing science here, but would be interesting.

Consider it done :)

If you have it, it would be really helpful to have a cutting video without music. (So I can here the carrot cracking hehehe)

But nice work!! Thanks for the comparison.

If you have it, it would be really helpful to have a cutting video without music. (So I can here the carrot cracking hehehe)

But nice work!! Thanks for the comparison.
Done! Included in the page on the blog

Am yet to include the kasumi WH in the post, but here is some noob cutting skills in the meantime:

Kato workhorse and std comparisons are available in previous posts as well and I’m sure there are many of them.

Spipet,nice review I’ve got myself Kato KU nakiri and yea rough ff is an understatement. You might want to consider figuring out how to get your cutting surface lower. Looks really high your horizontal cuts on the onions kind of made me squint.

Spipet,nice review I’ve got myself Kato KU nakiri and yea rough ff is an understatement. You might want to consider figuring out how to get your cutting surface lower. Looks really high your horizontal cuts on the onions kind of made me squint.
Its more a lack of cutting skill than anything else really. If anything my cutting surface is too low for my 6'3"

Back