Ealy damascus tasting spoon

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Neal

Reaction score
Del:

Beautiful piece of art I am pleased to have. It will be used often.

Thanks,

Keith

Ealyspoon.jpg

Meet two of your cousins!

PC228167.JPG

Fresh of the banana boat this afternoon. Now just need to decide which one goes to the wife for xmas, and which one ol' Santa here gets to keep for himself :cool2:

David:

It seems only fitting that our first taste with these should be Cinghiale.

Keith

My spoon came in today also. I got more of a standard handle but beefed up so it can handle all sorts of scooping chores to include ice cream. The length is just shy of 240mm.

k.

IMGP1410.jpg

IMGP1413.jpg

IMGP1415.jpg

IMGP1419.jpg

IMGP1423.jpg

I'm fairly well consumed with jealousy at this point. Congrats to all you spoon buyers! (Your model seems particularly practical K.)

Now that I have the right damascus mix for these and have the methods of making it downpat(and I still have quite a bit of it left) and have made several varities, I feel very good about these and I do plan to make more. They are quite a bit of fun, and I think they are majorly cool. I have plans to make myself a personal eating spoon and fork set, and I plan to offer those for sale at some point in the future as well. I have been looking at old spoon and fork designs and there are many that are facinating. I also have some of my own ideas to make the handles a bit more elaborate. I may even make myself a soup spoon, as my current set doesn't have those. I have the suggestion to make measuring spoons as well, which is something I plan to tackle. If you have a suggestion for a cool looking spoon(or fork) I would love to hear it.
Thanks,
Del

I think the best start would be a cool steak knife and fork set - without going OTT on the steak knife being some mini yanagiba, but just a nice functional damascus steak knife that we can sharpen up

The spoon you made for Mr. Drinky is amazing. Can't wait to see the measuring spoons. With all of the chefs and cooks on this site maybe you could make the ultimate quenelle spoon.:doublethumbsup:

Here are two more cousins! Wish the pics could describe how good either of these look in person, but it's something you just have to experience in person. Now I just need my gravy ladle, and the serving set will be complete.

Not ordering a spoon from Del during the first go round here was a terrible, terrible lapse in judgement on my part.

Back