Ealy Line Knife - A quickie

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
A brief review of Del's Line Knife:

I picked up one of Del's line knives (Thanks Rick!) early this summer and have been having a great time with it. Not on the line (I'm a civilian with a catering hobby) but outside with my BBQ smoker and grills.

When I first bought it I was able to compare it with Randy's Line knife in some prep work for a catering gig. I preferred the height and the thinner blade of Randy's for prepping vegs and trimming raw protein.

Del%20and%20Randy%20Line%20Knives.jpg

Couple cases of thighs for skewering.

But when I took it outside it excelled with cooked meat. I did not cut through bone but with the robust blade I didn't have to worry if I bumped a one or two along the way. It ate up the crust of briskets and produced nice thin slices (sorry - can't find the pic). It separated ribs like it was born for it. (Cooked a LOT of ribs this summer). And chickens? I usually smoke or grill them spatchcocked. It turned them into serving pieces faster than we could pass the sauce.

Del%20vs%20Ribs%20RP.jpg

Another catering shot - baby backs for 40 peeps

Ealy%20and%20Ribs%20July%204%202014.jpg

My house - St Louis style

Pair%20of%20Shoulds.jpg

What a score

Del%20vs%20Yardbird.jpg

Labor%20Day%20Chick%202.jpg

Yardbirds

Ealy%20is%20Done%20July%204%202014.jpg

Letting the knife rest

I like the AEBL variant because I'm not as quick with a wipe as I should be and BBQ is messy work. It sharpens well and keeps a keen edge. I typically would give it a few strokes on a G4K while the meat was on. Don't know that it needed it but I like showing off for guests. Fit and Finish is excellent, as to be expected with a knife marked "Ealy".

Del%20Resting.jpg

At Ease

A good knife in the kitchen. A great knife in the pit. I would encourage anyone that enjoys outdoor cooking to add one of these to their arsenal.

Last edited:
Nice review, I always wondered exactly the best use for a 'line knife' and it sounds like you've found it.

Cheers

I wish I had jumped on this one. Love the koa and AEB-L stainless factor.
Excellent review!

"Nice Score" -did anybody else see that?
Good review and pics Dave.

I love the pics, especially the one where you are demonstrating the importance of letting a knife rest :groucho: . Nice review as well Dave.

Back