Media Ealy vs Ealy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
[video=youtube;_F4IhGKh-Xc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F4IhGKh-Xc[/video]

That about sums it up. A couple other notes: The new version is heavier by a significant margin, it is flatter in profile and the tip work takes less effort again due to a grind improvement (dicing an onion, for example).

This video makes me even more excited about getting in on the pre-buy. Not that I really needed to get more excited.... :viking:

It's a stout knife to be sure, that full tang makes it heavy too. Mine weighs 274g.

It's a good cutter though, you wouldn't know it were so beefy.
I'm with Salty on the profile being a bit tall, so I ordered mine 50mm over the heel, it came out nicely.
A beauty of a knife, and a real pleasure to use.

Salty, I recall you thinned yours out some. How much would you say it improved from that or is this a different one?

Same. I subtled out the front side a little.

Salty, what is the steel on that second one, AEB-L? I'm getting close to pulling the trigger and wondering between the O-1 and AEB-L.

k.

It is O-1. I would go with the O-1 or O-1/L6 mix. That's what Del knows and likes. That's also what a lot of folks here have tested and has been well received. In general, I recommend going with what the maker knows best. To do otherwise, would be a gamble. How much of a gamble it is, is open to discussion.

Back