Ebay Shun Classic 3-1/2-Inch Paring Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funge107

Reaction score
I saw a deal on Ebay for New Shun DM0700 Classic 3-1/2-Inch Paring Knife 68.00 free shipping . I asked seller with 100% ratings if it was a second or refurbished . His answer was (This is brand new, first run knife. Not refurbished. These were a large lot purchased and thus did not come with the retail packaging.) So i asked him another question,Just what to make sure i can get this knife Registered for a warranty for the lifetime with original owner warranties? Will there be a bill of sale from an authorized seller this way i could get it registered ? His answer if this was sold at full price through traditional channels, that would be OK. However we are not comfortable supplying a full bill of sale with such requests for the same product sold on channels such as eBay at a discount. Now is $68.00 worth it even with no lifetime warranty ?

I wouldn’t know what to do with the warranty. How often do knives “fail”? Practically never.

If by some chance, it does happen, shrug your shoulders and buy another one for $68…

I would have dropped the extra coin ($20) and bought from a reputable dealer. And had the warranty. And not worried about counterfeit.

He is a reputable ebay seller with 2,500 -100% feedback . Other people bought shun from him no-one ever said they were not Shun . I sharpen my own knives only thing is warranty never had to use it yet.

I own Shun's and have sent them in on warranty and for resharpening. They never once asked me for any proof of purchase. You will be fine and its a great knife for that price. I love my shun classic pairing it is one of my favorite goto pairing knives.

While not a huge fan of Shun, their parer is a very good knife. I think you got a good deal that you'll be very happy about.

IMG_0763.jpg
Got it Today looks good feels even better.

I wouldn’t know what to do with the warranty. How often do knives “fail”? Practically never.

If by some chance, it does happen, shrug your shoulders and buy another one for $68…

I had a Miyabi parer where the micarta handle cracked in a month. I work within 5 minutes of the Canadian warehouse, so I went to get it replaced and upon checking the handle of the replacement the handle was cracked as well. Third time was a charm.

I had a Miyabi parer where the micarta handle cracked in a month. I work within 5 minutes of the Canadian warehouse, so I went to get it replaced and upon checking the handle of the replacement the handle was cracked as well. Third time was a charm.

I know what you mean i got a Miyabi Birchwood SG2 Looked Awesome But Dimples Drove me nuts!

Attachments

• IMG_6209.JPG
    IMG_6209.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6211.jpg
    IMG_6211.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6212.jpg
    IMG_6212.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6213.jpg
    IMG_6213.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6214.jpg
    IMG_6214.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 65
I know your frustration i bought a Miyabi Birchwood 8'' Gyuto 210. When i opened box i saw a a Beautiful Knife. Only one thing Dimples very close to bottom of Blade! I was so pissed i returned it and ordered a diffent Gyuto. My New Japanese Shiro Kamo excellent F/F love it .

http://www.knivesandstones.com/shinko-kurokumo-r2-damascus-gyuto-210mm-by-shiro-kamo

Back