ebay!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

HumbleHomeCook

Reaction score
I know forums need to generate revenue and I respect that but having "ebay" right at the top of the page just hits me as tacky and surely doesn't endear me to K&S. I like the company and appreciate their support of the forum but man, that ad...

Up_dog128

Steady Goofin'
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it has anything to do with Knives and Stones (K&S); I think it's just telling you to go to ebay and buy knives and stones. And I totally agree, tacky...
*** is up with having an ad banner when supporting members here paid to not have ads?

Corradobrit1

Reaction score
At least its static. Makes a welcome change to the strobing Modern Cooking eye bashing every time I logon

HumbleHomeCook

Reaction score
I don't think it has anything to do with Knives and Stones (K&S); I think it's just telling you to go to ebay and buy knives and stones. And I totally agree, tacky...
*** is up with having an ad banner when supporting members here paid to not have ads?
In fairness, I think the Admin added a feature to allow Supporting Members to disable them. These are, to my knowledge, supporting vendor specific ads.

Up_dog128

Steady Goofin'
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In fairness, I think the Admin added a feature to allow Supporting Members to disable them. These are, to my knowledge, supporting vendor specific ads.
Thanks for the tip; fixed it. Last time I checked (when that Modern Cooking ad appeared), that feature had yet to be added. Odd that it would be a K&S ad tho; afaik, K&S doesn't sell on ebay. Click it and it just takes you to ebay.

HumbleHomeCook

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip; fixed it. Last time I checked (when that Modern Cooking ad appeared), that feature had yet to be added. Odd that it would be a K&S ad tho; afaik, K&S doesn't sell on ebay. Click it and it just takes you to ebay.
Weird indeed. If it's not K&S and is generic, then that seems pretty not cool.

Up_dog128

Steady Goofin'
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, maybe they sell on the Bay in Australia. Your link pulls up nothing on this side of the pond.

Corradobrit1

Reaction score
The banner ad has nothing to do with James' Knife & Stones company. Just an unfortunate coincidence. Its a generic keyword combo targeted to the KKF forum. If this was the Beretta forum it'd say "Shop Guns and Bullets!". Move along, nothing to see here.....

HumbleHomeCook

Reaction score
The banner ad has nothing to do with James' Knife & Stones company. Just an unfortunate coincidence. Its a generic keyword combo targeted to the KKF forum. If this was the Beretta forum it'd say "Shop Guns and Bullets!". Move along, nothing to see here.....
But there is something to see here. If that is the case, it's completely understandable that people will associate the ad with K&S. I did. Is that fair to K&S?

Not arguing you, just saying that I thought those ads were supposed to be for supporting vendors. Maybe I was wrong in that thinking but either way, if K&S didn't ask for that ad, I wonder how they would feel about it?

Corradobrit1

Reaction score
I'm not reading it the same way so I guess it depends on the readers perspective. Now if it was Shop Knives & Stones thats different ;)

Lars

Founding Member
Reaction score
We could rename the this place kitckenknifeforums.EBAY.com and make a fortune.

Corradobrit1

Reaction score
But there is something to see here. If that is the case, it's completely understandable that people will associate the ad with K&S. I did. Is that fair to K&S?

Not arguing you, just saying that I thought those ads were supposed to be for supporting vendors. Maybe I was wrong in that thinking but either way, if K&S didn't ask for that ad, I wonder how they would feel about it?
Guess we have our answer. The real K&S are doubling up and increasing their apparent publicity footprint. Shame its another annoying gif. My eyes had been enjoying the vacation.

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
A supporting member can turn off the sponsor banners if they check their preferences.