Emile Henry Flame Top Cookware

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talal

Reaction score
Hello all,

Im just curious if anyone has had any positive experience like myself with the above mentioned line? Its emile's new bakeware line where you can actually use it on the stovetop as well!

I currently own a large roasting pan of this model and am in love with it.

Cheers

Talal

Not familiar with Flame Top Line, but I use their bakeware and bowls and it doesn't get better than this (performance-wise and visually appealing). My assumption is any product they make would be a good one.

M

Not familiar with Flame Top Line, but I use their bakeware and bowls and it doesn't get better than this (performance-wise and visually appealing). My assumption is any product they make would be a good one.

M

My mother in law has a large roasting pan also and really likes it but she is afraid to put it on the stove except on really low to keep something warm.

My mother in law has a large roasting pan also and really likes it but she is afraid to put it on the stove except on really low to keep something warm.

one of the points of this line is that they can be heated to extremely high temperatures with no damage.

We have the rectangular FlameTop pizza/baking stone and love it. I'd been using an Old Stone Oven stone for 15 years and it still works well, but the EH stone stays nice-looking and doesn't really "stand out" when I leave it in the oven. Gives pizza and bread a nice crust. We'll be trying it on the grill any day now (up here, grilling season starts late if you don't shovel the deck!).

I use it all the time over the last few years Suppose to be best of cast iron feature ( heat retention) without the weight + it is also a nice table ware. My cast iron is strictly for frying or grilling or for toasting bread.

Can be transferred from the stove or oven to the table top and it still continues cooking. The heat retention is excellent and it works well for me as when food drops below a certain point ( varies with individuals) it is not so enjoyable.

Their pizza stone is washable with soap as it is glazed. Other pizza stones are not. Using cast iron for stews or soups does not really work for me as I tend to use acidic foodstuff and it changes color. Even for clear soups it’s a no go .

As to making soups, I do believe ( or imagine) that the soup taste better as once it is gently simmering, I am able to lower the heat real low and cook it over a low gentle fire which enables gentle low heat which is equivalent to boiling soups over a charcoal fire. Vegetables goes in a few minutes before it goes to the table and that way, I have translucent green veggies. If it is still hard, I leave it a little longer in the still boiling EH pot for it to cook further.

Any left overs.. put the cover on and it goes into the fridge.. Next day.. just reheat it and add fresh veggies.

Hv fun

Hey, Zitangy! Does Mustafa Centre have a knife section? They have everything else! I'll be on an eight-hour layover in Singapore on my way through Tokyo in a couple of weeks, so I thought I'd head to Mustafa for some shopping (need a new bluetooth headset and some flip-flops!), then back to Changi...

Hey, Zitangy! Does Mustafa Centre have a knife section? They have everything else! I'll be on an eight-hour layover in Singapore on my way through Tokyo in a couple of weeks, so I thought I'd head to Mustafa for some shopping (need a new bluetooth headset and some flip-flops!), then back to Changi...

Cant tell you much as I don't spend alot of time in Singapore and not been there for more than 15 years! Possibly the regular knives in their Kitchen dept. As you are in transit, luggage already checked in at earlier point, unless you wish to check in another luggage for the knives.

Have a nice trip

Latest posts

Back