Epicurean Edge in danger?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been on worse-maintained roads than US neighborhood roads and motorways. Usually connecting Siem Reap and Phnom Penh.
And there are worse than that of course - I have only gone from Siem Reap to Angkor Wat. - but of course, because of tourism, that stretch was fine

the really bad drive is from Kashmir to Delhi, where you drive playing a continuous game of chicken through the mountains and there is a straight fall with no guard rails into the deep crevice below - I ran into mudslides and everything. I think now the roads are better, but a few decades ago, it was horrifically bad

I used to live outside of DC for a few years before CH. The Baltimore-Washington parkway - firstly, never heard a more louder highway from tire noise. like a drill in the car. Secondly - parts of it were so poorly maintained - moonscape is the right word
They must be reading the UK book of highway maintenance.

And there are worse than that of course - I have only gone from Siem Reap to Angkor Wat. - but of course, because of tourism, that stretch was fine

the really bad drive is from Kashmir to Delhi, where you drive playing a continuous game of chicken through the mountains and there is a straight fall with no guard rails into the deep crevice below - I ran into mudslides and everything. I think now the roads are better, but a few decades ago, it was horrifically bad
Yikes.

The muddy paths thru the fields outside Mandalay are wild too. They're basically muddy embankments lifted out of the marsh, only strong enough for a single horse cart. Not as scary, but slow going.

Is it even possible to get to Kashmir these days?

Back