Etiquette of hiding behind a second account and criticizing others for what I do on a daily basis

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Status
Not open for further replies.

labor of love

Reaction score
Salty once mentioned using primary yeast flakes for popcorn. Still to this day haven’t tried it but it sounds delicious.

Customfan

Reaction score
Ahhh, we must ask him... sounds super interesting.... anyone want to weigh in?

Jkts

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I support Dave in this- flippers increase price and scarcity- whether this is a hobby or one’s livelihood, it makes knife buying more difficult and expensive for the rest of us.

labor of love

Reaction score
I was actually thinking the other day about starting a BOH thread about butter flavored oil. How did this crap become so common in kitchens?

ian

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Popcorn + nutritional yeast = joy. My wife did this for years and I thought she was crazy, but then I got over myself and learned to love the yeast.

panda

O.G.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bomb ass popcorn seasoning: Vinegar powder, grated Pecorino, fresh dill, granulated onion.

tgfencer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Popcorn + nutritional yeast = joy. My wife did this for years and I thought she was crazy, but then I got over myself and learned to love the yeast.
Also good with buttered toast, maybe even a little marmite added as well, if you’re into that kind of thing.

chinacats

Reaction score
I like it spicy but instead of shirachi I prefer ground naga morich.

As to the butter flavored oil I'm guessing it's just cheap and nasty like what they put on bad theatre corn?

As to the nutritional yeast, pardon my ignorance but how do you use it?

tgfencer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As to the nutritional yeast, pardon my ignorance but how do you use it?
It most often comes as a flakey powder. Think a cross between cheese powder and flaked salt. Your imagination is the only limit.

HRC_64

Reaction score
<< new mod title >>

SALT AND OTHER RELATED POPCORN TOPICS

bkultra

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
The great popcorn protest (2019 Edition)

Chicagohawkie

Reaction score
Flavored popcorn is awesome..... all kinds, from the usuall caramel to some that are a bit crazier....

There is a place in the Shytown airport that has the most delicious popcorn, its addictive, I will eat the whole bucket...-

Whats it called?
It’s Chi-town and it’s called Garrett’s I think.

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Wow, this has traveled a long way since morning coffee.

Riverie - yes I got the pm's - a little busy to reply in kind or on here today. And yes we've had some transactions over the years that went quite well, I think for both parties..

But this ain't right. Going to Korin to "invest" in a promotional sale so that you can flip them within this community, on this forum is simply poor form. I'm sure your's are not the only knives from that promo that are being or were flipped - but they're the only ones here. Your claims of but, but, but, it's "market price" fall on (my) deaf ears when your sole intent was to flip them. But I'll say again it's within the rules and I'll not post anything negative within your bst post.

An argument could certainly be made that by buying promotional items from Korin, and then relisting them for full retail, that you are now competing with a sponsoring vendor without paying any vendor fees. Bit of a nit but.....

To those that feel I'm not entitled to an opinion or should refrain from expressing it I can only say "Piss up a rope". And keep waiting for that apology.

Popcorn is getting cold.

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
DaveB - there is no excuse here - so just come out and apologise and say you were wrong - that’s all we expect .....no less no more
Who are you and who is the "we" you claim to be speaking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.