• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD (EU) GiantMouse Ace Clyde pocket knife (brass handle)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matus

Staff member
Global Moderators
KKF Supporting Craftsman
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep changing my pocket knife selection and the next one to sell is the Brass version of the GiantMouse Ace Clyde (here more details). I bought the knife new in Germany a bit more than a year ago. The knife has surprisingly good (excellent, actually) ergonomics, I personally find the feel of the brass in hand very nice and 'warm'. The knife is rather heavy, so it feels very 'dense' in hand. It was the first GM knife that came with a crowned spine and I really like that. Handling is very pleasant as there are no sharp edges anywhere.

Condition
The knfie has been used and carried. I have free-hand sharpened the blade and took it under 15 degrees per side (what greatly improved cutting properties), so now it can be touched up very quickly with Spyderco Sharpmaker (for example). The knife is not one of those that 'drop shut' but is super smooth. I have gently adjusted the lockbar as it was a little too stiff when I bought the knife. I have not secured the pivot screw with loctite, but can do so should the buyer wish that (have the blue loctite stick like that is fairly easily to loosen). The knife has of course use marks and some scuffs and light scratches on the blade (mostly from sharpening). The brass has patina as one would expect.

Important
  • Given the current situation around Brexit, I would be very hesitant to ship to UK as I am not sure about the paperwork.
  • It probably makes little sense to ship this knife to outside EU - especially given the crazy high prices for insured shipping right now (around 55€ to US as an example). Uninsured shipping would in theory be possible (for around 10€), but in that case I can not take any responsibility if the knife should not arrive.
Basic parameters
Blade length: 77 mm
Closed length: 100 mm
Blade stock: 3.0 mm
Steel: M390
Weight: 119 g

Price
110€
- includes insured shipping within EU. Shipping outside EU can be discussed.

If you have any question about the knife please post it below, offers only via PM. I am not looking at trades. Thank you

9E646A8D-D507-4366-9B00-414AAA15ADF7.jpeg
83CFDCD2-1048-4515-9DE4-C10C338AA8A7.jpeg
2574AFEA-5666-458C-A3E6-536AF84FB554.jpeg
74A09423-C626-4C73-A512-F65C76A0711B.jpeg
CB79572D-1F9E-4131-B79E-EBD7E570EB58.jpeg
920DB1AB-98C0-429D-ABE3-4A90B945C8AA.jpeg
BF7700D6-7F27-4754-9220-ECD507B0C031.jpeg

100€ - includes insured shipping within EU.

Just let me add - this knife has the smoothest (most 'hydraulic') feel when opening and closing from the knives I have - and I am comparing it to a brand new and adjusted Spyderco Brouwer and freshly adjusted Spyderco Gayle Bradley 1.

Also - even though the blade can only be opened on the right side, even as a right handed person I have no problem opening the knife with my left hand (with my index finger). So it might be also interesting for left handed users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back