• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD [EU] Ikarashi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Nice Ikarashi, about 65-73 mm wide, 195-200 mm long and 46 mm thick, about 1370 gram.
I bought it a few months ago from Ikkyu Japan and I'm now selling. I want to try out different stones but I can't keep them all, so I buy and sell again.
This was advertised as a 1000 grit stone but I feel it's a bit finer than that, probably closer to 1500-2000. It has a nice creamy feedback.
The stone is quite soft and thirsty. When wet the stone turns from white to light melon green, quite special (to me at least).
Both sides are flattened and can be used.
Asking € 130 incl. PP fees and shipment in EU. For other countries please PM me.
Ikarashi 1.jpeg

Ikarashi 2.jpeg
Ikarashi 5.jpegIkarashi 6.jpeg

I happen to have an aizu as well, and mine is harder, finer and whiter than this stone. The aizu is more a finisher, around 4000 grit, an this ikarashi is more a medium grit, 1000-2000, softer and indeed releasing more slurry. But every stone is different, I imagine in some cases there may be an overlap between ikarashi and aizu.

Back