• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS (EU) Yoshikazu Ikeda 240 mm honyaki gyuto, Shigekatsu 165 mm single bevel funyauki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I have two knives for sale:

1) Yoshikazu Ikeda 240 mm Shirogami# 2 mizu honyaki gyuto - 247 mm long, cutting edge 227 mm, 209 g, 53 mm tall

Bought it few years ago directly from Japan through Tomohito Iida, it has been lightly thinned by a very skilled sharpener (a friend of mine), respecting fully the original grind, so its now free of any lowspots, etc. Handle is walnut and blonde horn (the original ebony was too large and heavy), has been made by another friend who has been making his own knives under the brand EM knives (I know that several well-known KKF members even had a knife from him), feels great in hand, there are some minor "flaws" in the ferrule which might be seen at the photos, but its just optical, no real flaws or cracks which may cause any problem...

The finish is far from perfect, but I think its pretty acceptable, if someone wants to put a perfect finish on it (I don't have the right stuff and maybe also skills to do that) and put it into a showcase, its certainly possible, but IMO the knife deserves to be used, its in great condition, the grind is really nice and the edges one can get on naturals are just
P1013810.JPG
P1013856.JPG
P1013850.JPG
PC143558.JPG
PC143563.JPG
PC143567.JPG
phantastic...

A am selling it as I would like to raise some funds for trying knives a from a local, young, very talented Czech maker, would like to get 900 USD + shipping (which is about 25 USD to the USA, for instance)...

Here is the link to the gallery, all photos here are from the current state: Yoshikazu Ikeda 240 mm Shirogami # 2 mizu honyaki gyuto – rhamphorhynchus – album na Rajčeti

2) Shigekatsu single bevel funayuki - 165 mm long, cutting edge 153 mm, 178 g, 42 mm tall

I got this one from my friend Matus (yes, THAT Matus :) ), great little knife, but as my current girlfriend doesn't eat any fish, I hardly use it last two years, so someone else should use and enjoy it...I did some work on the kireha in the past, so the knife is also free of any LS and overall in great condition...Handle is made from purpleheart wood, Matus also made a yellow handle for another specimen he kept for himself, I can remember that that one had a much worse grind than this one where its basically flawless, at least IMO...

Here is the link to the gallery: Shigekatsu single bevel funayuki with custom handle (from purpleheart wood) by Matus Kalisky – rhamphorhynchus – album na Rajčeti

The last 10 photos are reflecting the current state, but basically nothing important has changed significantly...Looking for 120 USD + shipping...

Thanks for watching!

It doesn't let me view either of the galleries for some reason. Anyone else?

Great, happy it works for you now, guys :)...Posted the links once again before I saw your posts, in the hope it might work better...

It seemed to be a temporary technical glitch.

You are selling some stunning looking knives. I hope you sell them quickly so I'm not tempted to go even more over budget just a week into February. :)

1) Yoshikazu Ikeda 240 mm Shirogami# 2 mizu honyaki gyuto - 247 mm long, cutting edge 227 mm, 209 g, 53 mm tall

Bought it few years ago directly from Japan through Tomohito Iida,
any accompanying documentation?

any accompanying documentation?
You are like my beloved Czech customs :D ...OK, I bought it for somewhat less, but had to pay a lot for all the import duties and then another about 150 USD for the handle + the thinning...Plus will lose another about 50 USD due to PayPal fees...But if you would like to see all the emails I exchanged with Tomohito, I will be pleased to forward them to you, just reserve about 2 weeks for uninterrupted reading :D...

Back