Euro 21

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way, Southgate should be sacked for allowing Sancho, Rashford, and Saka take penalties in a European final. He should have went with older, more experienced players. If anyone is to blame, it's Southgate. Saka is an excellent player, he shouldn't have to bear the weight of this loss on his shoulders. At least he took a better shot then Rashford and Sancho did.

Roberto Baggio lost the finals for Italy a while back by skying his PK, yet they got there almost entirely on his shoulders. Sometimes the player who is the heart of the team and has already left everything on the field is asked to step up once more. They make the PK and it solidifies their hero status. It's definitely a lot (too much?) to ask sometimes.

Bums. That was frustratingly close and yet all too familiar, albeit the (less than) good ship England was one rock closer to the golden shore before that unpleasant hard dashing business.

Congratulations Italy, who were deserved winners, particularly after coming back from a goal down. The mild annoyance was that England actually looked worthy of winning that for quite some time - ripping through the vaunted Italian defence with ease early on -but went into their shells a little too much as the old doubts started to resurface and ceded the advantage. Sadly, Sir Gareth of Southgate, who seems a thoroughly nice chap who got so much right this tournament, was a little too hesitant and conservative with his subs if you ask me. And the gamble on getting the three inexperienced subs on cold to take the last penalties backfired horribly too. Feel sorry for Pickford, who performed those heroics in vain, and those unlucky enough to miss those fateful shots.

Congrats again Italy. Balls

Silly game anyway. Much prefer rugby

Bums. That was frustratingly close and yet all too familiar, albeit the (less than) good ship England was one rock closer to the golden shore before that unpleasant hard dashing business.

Congratulations Italy, who were deserved winners, particularly after coming back from a goal down. The mild annoyance was that England actually looked worthy of winning that for quite some time - ripping through the vaunted Italian defence with ease early on -but went into their shells a little too much as the old doubts started to resurface and ceded the advantage. Sadly, Sir Gareth of Southgate, who seems a thoroughly nice chap who got so much right this tournament, was a little too hesitant and conservative with his subs if you ask me. And the gamble on getting the three inexperienced subs on cold to take the last penalties backfired horribly too. Feel sorry for Pickford, who performed those heroics in vain, and those unlucky enough to miss those fateful shots.

Congrats again Italy. Balls

Silly game anyway. Much prefer rugby

I'd like to see English fans back there team, rather then criticize them. Saka has been getting racially abused online, the kid is only 19 years old. I'm an Arsenal supporter, so it pisses me off. It's bad enough that English players have to deal with non-stop garbage in general from the journo scum in their country, but now they receive constant abuse on social media sites as well. At the end of the day, it's only a game, even if it is the greatest game of them all.

The Italians were brilliant. Once they got into a passing rhythm, the English couldn't hang with them. I think the Italians ended the match with 64% possession, but I might be a few percentage points off, plus or minus. The three lions peaked too early (in the first 20 minutes of the match), after that it was all Italy.

Southgate went wrong in two places, one was switching to a back three and playing a more defensive game, and the other was allowing the younger players to take the first round of penalties. What happened to Sterling, Graelish, Stones, etc.? Experienced players should have stepped up for the shootout. If Southgate would have stuck with a back four, started Saka, and brought Grealish out sooner, they might have beaten the Italians.

Pickford did a great job. 👍

Back