• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Evan Antzenberger 255mm gyuto 125SC

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Selling my 125sc honyaki by Evan. I have a new custom set (gyuto, petty) that will be coming, so I'm going to move this in advance of their arrival.

For better or worse, a month ago I had Evan rehandle it and make a custom saya for it. Beautiful work; the handle is Olive wood and the saya is fumed oak. The handle is a D handle, left orientation, but the blade is a 50/50 grind. Any lefty folks out there looking for a good deal on Evan's work, this is an opportunity. The knife is used and sharpened, but geometry is unchanged. I can clean the nice patina that has built up on it is preferred. Some nice banding is showing through still.

Asking $625 delivered CONUS or $650 international delivered.

Specs are:
D handle, Olive wood, black buffalo horn ferrule
Weight @ 227 grams
Heel @ 55mm
Blade @ 255mm
OAL @ 413mm

Photos below.
IMG_0964.jpg
IMG_0963.jpg
IMG_0962.jpg
IMG_0961.jpg
IMG_0960.jpg
IMG_0959.jpg
IMG_0958.jpg
IMG_0957.jpg

I have a softspot for olive wood. Great figure in that piece. Is it possible to get a pic of the entire knife and handle in one shot? Choil would be useful too.

That handle is beautiful. I'm a righty and actually love a left-handed D handle. They seem to fit my hand better. If this blade wasn't so long, I'd be all over this. Good luck - gorgeous knife!

Hey folks, adding a photo of the spine, so ya'll can see the distal taper. Really nice taper on this knife. Also, adding that the handle is glued on, as best I can tell. Thus, if you are a righty and want to change it around, you'll need to consider that. For those lucky few that are lefty like me, this is really to rock and roll.
IMG_0981.jpg

Latest posts

Back