Excellent book for those interested in nutrition

Discussion in 'Whats Cooking? Food, Drink, & Gear' started by 2bApical?, Nov 29, 2018.

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating:

1. Nov 29, 2018 #1

2bApical?

2bApical?

2bApical?

"HOW TO EAT BETTER" by James Wong. It is focused on how to chose foods highest in nutrition and how to optimize them. I've looked at a fair amount of stuff from Dr. Greger at nutritionfact.org and Dr. Joel Fuhrman that may be useful but I think this author has come out with a great, well researched , rather comprehensive and very well organized book with great ideas for the health conscious that brings a lot of info together in one spot. An example is that when the anti cancer chemicals in broccoli are inactivated by cooking adding mustard to the broccoli reactivates them. Another example is that putting mushrooms in the sun for a brief time drastically increases the vitamin d content. Lots of things like this. His treatment of alcohol which I looked at briefly my be off the mark as there has been a recent look at the subject concluding that no amount of alcohol is safe. Might be hard to sort that info out. His approach is less dogmatic and more practical than many others. Also in some cases more accurate, IMO.

2. Nov 29, 2018 #2

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

Chef Doom

Eat mostly saturated fats and learn to pressure cook most vegetables. Eat fruit once a day. Allergies and autoimmune deficiencies not included.

All the nutrition advice anyone will ever need. Everything is is junk fold or a poison to the body.

DDPslice likes this.
  3. Nov 30, 2018 #3

Kyon

Kyon

Kyon

*unsaturated (mono and poly)