Excited to be here!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

londreleats

Reaction score
Hello! Londreleats reporting in for the first time from Brooklyn, NY (Flatbush to be more specific). I'm here for the recipes just as much as I am for the knife talk, although my knife game is young and small at the moment. I have this beautiful 8.25" Shun Santoku I got via a great deal at Williams Sonoma about 2.5 years ago. It's my baby. Shoutout to rickbern for telling me about this site. Ready to dive in!

Hey Lonny, welcome to the forum!

This kid (he's 25?) came to my house for dinner the other night, he was excited about being there for dinner, he was excited about food, he was excited about eating.

We got into a loooong discussion about mortar and pestles and which neighborhood in Queens has the best Thai groceries to buy it, the validity of getting an "aftermarket" wooden pestle, he was my kind of guy. I showed him (and fed him from) my shiny new copper casserole, he loved the pot, loved the food.

As he was leaving, I sorta opened the knife drawer, he really lost it then. I figured he was primo KKF material, so welcome aboard!

@londreleats , in answer to your question about which knife to buy, DON'T BUY A KNIFE!

Be the first smart guy that's joined KKF, go to the sharpening forum and post something about which knife you actually have now and find out what's a reasonable starting stone setup and where can you find info about how to sharpen it. Over the course of your life, learning to sharpen what you've got is a much better skill for a cook than learning to obsess over blingy new toys.

Latest posts

Back