Experience with Raquin knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi , i am bryan.
I do not know if the admin will let me talk freely about it here... will see :D

yes, for know my "book" is closed , and i am not realy happy with that , i am working hard .. well ...in fact i just came back from vacation :D , but... yes i am working hors for re open this damn book.
I took a lot of delay, because of a lot of things .... my broken arm, shop worries etc. etc ...
i hope after this summer everything will be in place for re open the book for custom order.

And thank you all for your beautiful words about my work and thank you for your patience

( and thank you google translate :D )

Glad to see you drop by! Your work is totally worth the wait! Looking forward to getting more in the future :D

Something like this? Spatula knife

imgrc0063263409.jpg

@bryan03 your knives are literally flying off shelves...I saw the email from your mail list and it had already sold. :bigeek:

Seriously wonder who scored the last one. The handle on that 255mm looked really sweet.

Just posted a review of the nakiri in the review section. You can find it here.

I was the lucky buyer of the recent chef's knife with the micarta handle, and meant to mention something about it before now, but I also just moved from Europe back to Canada, so things have been hectic. After getting to Toronto, I hit up a favourite kitchen store of mine and got a Larchwood end-grain cutting board, and now that I finally have a suitably large surface for knife work, it's been a real pleasure getting used to the ~255mm blade.

36196625684_d6c4489f48_b.jpg

Congrats! and man you pulled the trigger fast. You bought the knife before I got the email notification. lol. Post a review when you can!

I was the lucky buyer of the recent chef's knife with the micarta handle, and meant to mention something about it before now, but I also just moved from Europe back to Canada, so things have been hectic. After getting to Toronto, I hit up a favourite kitchen store of mine and got a Larchwood end-grain cutting board, and now that I finally have a suitably large surface for knife work, it's been a real pleasure getting used to the ~255mm blade.

I remember that one going fast! 😓

I absolutely love my larchwood that they custom built for me and hope to get a Raquin to bash on it some day soon.

I have this gorgeous 255mm gyuto from Bryan since July. I ordered a 240mm and it turned out a bit too long. It is now the longest gyuto in my collection. Communication with Bryan was a pleasure. Unfortunately I haven't had much opportunity to use this one as it deserves due to a separated shoulder. I did have, however, the chance to prepare one meal before my accident, and I cut/sliced/minced 1 kg of fine beef for Piccadillo, along with garlic, onions, chilis, etc.. Bryan's gyuto went through the beef like a laser, wonderful feeling! The handle is made from stabilized Oregon myrtlewood bought from burlsource quite a long time ago. I bought this piece of wood for its decent appearance. The colour has changed a bit since its purchase but I always loved this piece of wood. I think it fits both the knife and Bryan's style.

IMG_8118_zps7kgvkju5.jpg~original

IMG_8119_zpscslfph3e.jpg~original

IMG_8117_zpsfhhmwqep.jpg~original

IMG_8116_zpsal0i3a3i.jpg~original

IMG_8108_zpsa7dlk798.jpg~original

IMG_8106_zpsvktomfvt.jpg~original

IMG_8107_zpsev0fxhat.jpg~original

That patina next to the kurouchi, damn! Also, get well soon!

Back