Experiences ordering from Razorsharp

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by labor of love, Dec 8, 2019.

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating:

1. Dec 8, 2019 #1

labor of love

labor of love

labor of love

Id like to hear from members that have ordered from Razorsharp in Singapore. What’s the worst case scenario here? Delays with shipping and unresponsive to emails?
    Or do people usually have good experiences?
    I just haven’t read much about them and would like to hear what people have to say.

CiderBear likes this.
  2. Dec 8, 2019 #2

F-Flash

F-Flash

F-Flash

I've sent quite few messages/ emails to them. Sometimes they answer, sometimes they don't.

I actually went there on my vacation to Singapore and bought few knives from the shop. Very pleasant people and lots of stories about knifes they have.

They had one of each ashi honyaki suji and gyuto for about 4k usd. Some other Japanese honyakis and pair of 360mm burkes. Also had okishiba masakuni yanagi on display.

Never ordered from them thought via emails.

CiderBear likes this.
  3. Dec 14, 2019 #3

domrun

domrun

domrun

I ordered once from them a couple of months ago.
    A nice 210 Tanaka Mioroshi Ku Deba.
    I found them very responsive, they always answered me during the day or the next day.
    No problem from inquiry to delivery.

CiderBear likes this.
  4. Dec 21, 2019 #4

Etilah

Etilah

Etilah

Supporting Member

I’ve sent what I felt were polite and respectful emails with inquiry about purchasing their knives, and heard nothing back from the shop. I was upfront about my country of residence, the particular knives I was interested in ordering, and offered flexibility on my end with the form of acceptable payment.

Have thought that they might be less interested in U.S customer, but I continue to send them emails.

Nice to see their growing inventory of makers.

5. Dec 21, 2019 #5

bahamaroot

bahamaroot

bahamaroot

I emailed them once about pricing and interest in a knife and never heard back from them.

6. Dec 21, 2019 #6

CiderBear

CiderBear

CiderBear

In my experience, they were very prompt to respond to Facebook messages. Never tried to email them though.

7. Dec 21, 2019 #7

Gregmega

Gregmega

Gregmega

My understanding is that they are better with Facebook messenger, which I haven’t had Facebook since MySpace was still around. Usually with email, it’s taken a few days between responses (opposite time zones), but I’ve had a rather pleasant enough experience. Shipping though is a beast. They aren’t exactly prompt on getting the package directly out upon ordering, and then there’s the intnl lag time. My last one sat for about a week before it moved into the system. Then another week or so to arrive. I don’t really care how long it takes though, as long as I know it’s on the way.

Also- they have Tanaka Fuji clones at great prices- so who gaf how long it takes!! (Have one for sale if anyone wants to get into it, accidentally ordered 2, don’t ask [emoji23])

CiderBear likes this.
  8. Dec 21, 2019 #8

daddy yo yo

daddy yo yo

daddy yo yo

I purchased twice from them and feedback was prompt and very nice. Quick shipping also. My experience is great!

Draft saved Draft deleted