Explain Your Username (if you want to)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! When I was working at a bike shop my coworker had a fuso that he commuted half way across l.a. on daily. Unfortunately it was stolen in downtown one morning, surely by someone who had no clue what they just stole.

My name is my attempt at Japanese slang. I was big in to the drift scene since 2000 when it hadn't really blown up yet. My best friend and I used to rent drift videos from little Tokyo in downtown (option and drift tengoku). Anyway, from the vids the dude who brought drifting to competitive racing in Japans name is Keich Tsuchiya otherwise known as Dori-Kin (drift king). I took kin and placed tamanegi (onion according to Google translator) in front of it. It is supposed to mean onion king. My coworkers started calling me this in Spanish after I had to haul ass through a sack of onions for pico during service. Anyway, its my attempt at combing two obsessions of mine, past and present LOL. Light hearted and not to be taken seriously :biggrin:

I would have never expected you to be into drifting after finding out your taste in music.
I can't imagine there are a lot of drifters driving around cranking Delta Spirit or Deer Tick.
Btw Deer Tick was just in Toronto and I missed out:bashhead:

Vertigo is a nod to my late 90s competitive FPS gaming, when an observer noted that trying to track all of us spastic and twitchy bunny-hopping rocket jumpers made him feel nauseous.

I collect vintage road bicycles. Since they are increasingly hard to find...I have to hunt for them.

I hear that! I'm still on the lookout for Merckx or De Rosa from the late 1980s-ish. Or a Fuso...3Rensho...haha whatever.

Not really a collector, but I still have my old SLX Guerciotti.

I'd love to get my hands on a 7-11 team "Huffy." They hardly ever come up, but if you ever see one in 56cm let me know.

Mine is from my favorite episode of my favorite show...Futurama.

Less than Hero, season 4 episode 5.

the day that show aired i changed my handle on counterstrike to this and it has been my handle from forums to video games and everything in between ever since.

Haha, I love both Futurama and Counterstrike.

Vertigo is a nod to my late 90s competitive FPS gaming, when an observer noted that trying to track all of us spastic and twitchy bunny-hopping rocket jumpers made him feel nauseous.

Tribes!

I have always liked big block Chevy motors, and anything with 396 cubic inches or bigger are called "Rat" motors. My first Corvette had a 454 ci motor and I named it "Ratton", and I have used that name on forums. I still have that '71 Vette and a boat with a 502 ci rat motor in it! :funfunfunfun:

Besides being a chef I'm a recording artist on the side. While in college we used to do a lot of shows at bars, house parties, clubs, venues what have you. I would always rhyme about ancient aliens, origami samaurai, nephillium, robotic overloards and the impending doom of the apocalypse etc. Some body who went after me started with something like "Hey yo, Rick's got theories...." Then it just morphed into "Hey yo it's Rick Theory..." So that's what I became known as, Rick Theory.

I alternate the caps cause it just pops out at your eye. What I find interesting is that when forumites mention me or speak to me they too alternate the caps lol

BTW I have a lot of crazy songs if you guys ever want to hear them. :D

First part is obvious, I am in the Air Force. When I joined knife forums, it wouldn't take just Jason; gave me things like Jason93702 and such. So I combined AFkitchenknifeguy because I could care less about any other type of knife. I changed it to be plural here.

Being born and raised in El Paso Texas, on the border with Juarez Mexico, it was quite difficult for most people to pronounce my last name Zalesak. So I sort of culturalized my first and last name so no-one could possible screw it up hence Pabloz. Still works just fine up here in Albuquerque, 250 mile due north.

When I was dating my wife, I used to tease her a lot, so she started calling me "ecchi guy". So I figured I stick an 'ef' on the back end to make it more cryptic. Most people see it as e.c. chef. A totally inside joke between me and my wife.

Not so inside to people who know Japanese! :nunchucks: :rofl2:

I'm pretty much a complete hack when it comes to knives and cooking. but admitting you don't know anything on an internet forum is tantamount to suicide, so I embellished a little.

Do you ever wonder why ThEoRy capitalizes every other letter? Or why Stefan has an old Roman cookery book in his name, Apicius?

As for me, my name comes from a liquor store in Zamalek in Cairo, Egypt. There was a bottle shop with the name Mister Drinkies, which had one of those all-too-common English usage errors you find in foreign countries. I thought the name was funny and wanted to start a bar named Mr. Drinkies. That never happened, so for now my username is Mr. Drinky.

k.

I used to think that your avatar photo was of you, after several drinkies :yammer:

My first wife nicknamed one of the cars 'Porkchop'. A few years later the soon-to-be second wife politely requested I change the license plate. We had just returned from a trip to Italy, where I had eaten wild boar for half the dinners (was not available the first half of the trip :( ) Car got a new plate shortly thereafter, and I had a good name for food-related forums!

My style of cutting is very deliberate and manipulative. I am a big guy, but am very dainty with a knife. Chopping is something I just don't do. I like perfect and symmetrical cuts, which take finesse....

maybe I could have gone with finessedfatty.....lol

Mine comes from an episode of The Honeymooners titled "better living through television." My family loves The Honeymooners, so when I decided to go to culinary school and become a chef, they started calling me Chef of the Future.

My last name is Sargent so its just naturally always been my most used nick-name. I had numerous friends in school and one water polo coach who had no idea what my first name actually was.

Thought I would be one of the old guys so considered "curmudgeon" but too long so went with geezr :laugh:

tgraypots was my first e-mail account (almost 20 yrs ago), and has become my standard log-in in a variety of places.

Mines is easy, my name is Guillermo and in Mexico Guillermo's are called Memo's. Rael is my middle name hence: MemoRael.

I simply use my surname (originally the name of a small Danish village).

That is Eugene Hutz the lead singer of Gogol Bordello. It is hard to describe him properly, and even his band is a cross of gypsy, cabaret, punk, and ethnic wedding music. It is a great show if you ever have a chance to see them.

Sorry, for the disappointment. Do you mean you that your avatar isn't you?? Just kidding.

k.

Back