• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

extremely rare one of a kind stone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I hate fish, and do not wish it upon anybody (sorry all you sushi overs :O), but Son I think you might need to starting eating some on a regular basis. And please, please, please find a way to eat 4-5 times each day. We need you here for the long term to keep this BBS interesting :spankarse:

Man, I hate fish, and do not wish it upon anybody (sorry all you sushi overs :O), but Son I think you might need to starting eating some on a regular basis. And please, please, please find a way to eat 4-5 times each day. We need you here for the long term to keep this BBS interesting :spankarse:

I dislike most fish too, growing up in Oregon we pretty much ate fish 3 times a day unless it was venison or elk, (whicH i love) because that's all we could afford on my dad'd navy salary. To this day I can't stand the smell of salmon. I'm trying, I swear.

Please daddy don't hit me no mo, I be good! I promise!

Dave, good to know about you dislike of fish. I'm glad I didn't fish course you when you came in for dinner. The first time my g/f's family came into my restaurant a couple years ago we had a heavy fish-based menu. So upon their 6ish course I sent out to them the server came back to the kitchen to let me know that they don't eat fish. Yup... who felt like an ass? This guy.

Or just take omega 3 capsules : )

Dave, good to know about you dislike of fish. I'm glad I didn't fish course you when you came in for dinner. The first time my g/f's family came into my restaurant a couple years ago we had a heavy fish-based menu. So upon their 6ish course I sent out to them the server came back to the kitchen to let me know that they don't eat fish. Yup... who felt like an ass? This guy.
Hey, no sweat. I knew I was in for an adventure that night, and would be trying a few things I would not normally try. You had me eating tongue, sweatbreads, cabbage, okra, and I don't remember what else :) It's all part of the adventure -- who knows, maybe one day I will try some fish and like it. The closest I ever came was flounder stuffed with crab. "It was a dark and stormy day, set in the gray bleakness of a nearly-deserted mining town known as Pittsburgh..." :biggrin:

I have to push my boundaries. 'Cause if I don't, Leah will make me!

(and for future reference, I have no problem eating shrimp, crab claws and lobster tails/ claws :D )

Glad Son 2.0 is here. Son 1.0 sounds scary! :scared4:

Little secret I learned regarding the Fish Tabs (Omega 3's) - Freeze them - I don't have any fishy issues.

Instead of fish oil capsules, you can replace them with flax seed oil capsules that have no fishy burps.

I do maximum potency Lovaza prescription 1gram a day. That stuffs expensive trying to find a good one with no fish burps.
Omacor is an alternative. You may just be able to use OTC (over the counter) and save money. Many drugs have alternatives become best friends with your doctor and pharmacist and use as many generics and alternatives. Doctors many times just write RX's with no thought of cost, and are very helpful when asked and will many times discuss cheaper alternatives with the pharmacist on request. The can even write on the RX's generics are fine so the pharmacist isn't brand obligated on RX order. New meds with name brands cost more to recuperate costs of "invention"until the patent runs out and the drug is made generically by anyone. Usually the original company then says we have a new costly extended release i.e. xr,xl,etc. Many doctors also get "tons" of free samples. Always ask if they have samples of medications you can use. Many doctors will be very helpful with this.

In regards to flax seed which I use sometimes.
The Mayo clinic says:

Flaxseed and its derivative flaxseed oil/linseed oil are rich sources of the essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid, which is a biologic precursor to omega-3 fatty acids such as eicosapentaenoic acid. Although omega-3 fatty acids have been associated with improved cardiovascular outcomes, evidence from human trials is mixed regarding the efficacy of flaxseed products for coronary artery disease or hyperlipidemia.

Hope some of the information in some way can be of use to you.

actually lovaza is the american name for omacor. I get as many samples as I can, but this new hospital and doctor refuse to help at all, so I'm going back to my old cardiologist. I eat and take tons of flax seed and chia and a few other plant based supplements.
Thanks for the information.

actually lovaza is the american name for omacor. I get as many samples as I can, but this new hospital and doctor refuse to help at all, so I'm going back to my old cardiologist. I eat and take tons of flax seed and chia and a few other plant based supplements.
Thanks for the information.
Yw best of luck hope things improve.

I always used the name omacor so out of the loop. Pharmacies could mis-fill Omacor with Amicar a different medication hence the name change to Lovaza. Anyway I hope you find more cost effect alternatives. If you get on a regular med regimen mail order meds may save you some money. Hey anything helps.

Instead of fish oil capsules, you can replace them with flax seed oil capsules that have no fishy burps.

And flax seed oil is great for menopause symptoms, too. But, um, guess you aren't too interested in that...:tease:

i hope everything working out for you Son. i'm sad to hear your current health, please get better, sleep more, and maybe exercise more. I'm really surprise with this news as you look much younger than your age and seems very healthy in person.
On the other hand i'm only 29 and just got diagnosed with osteoarthritis last week. Wake up in the
morning and try to walk is like a torture for me :(.

Son,

According to a letter from the Department of Defense Health Affairs, the following are "formulatory alternatives" to Lovaza:
fenofibrate (Lipofen, Lofibra, Triglide)
micronized
gemfibrozil (Lopid)

If you like, I can fax the letter to you. PM a fax number to me.

Best wishes,

Keith

unfortunately I am allergic to those drugs. Thank you for the research though, i appreciate it.
thanks, son

Back