SOLD F.Vaz custom 220mm gyuto - Magnacut 62HRC cryo treated - kingwood hadle - 1300 years old certified bog oak (stabilized) bolster

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fvaz

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Coming to show you an amazing blade that was initially an order from a customer that changed his mind and asked a mizu honyaki sujihiki instead a magnacut gyuto.

This blade is 220mm, 48mm width at the very start of the edge, fully rounded spine and choil (except by the last 2 centimeters of the tip which is flat for increased precision on fine cuts). It weights 154grams.

Handle is simple yet quite beautiful. Used kingwood matching with some nice bog oak bolsters, radiocarbon dated to be around 1300 years old. Whoever buys the knife will have the document shipped too.

It has a g10 core which will give the natural wood way less chance of warping and very less likely to crack even if been tortured or abused.

It was professionally heat treated to final result of 62hrc (cryo treated and triple tempered already).

It has a very thin convex grind which turned to be one of my favorite recently since it slides very easy trough food offering amazing food release action.

Amazing balance, smooth and laser precision on the bevels. Hand sharpened to 3000 grit. Very tiny microbevel, surely will be easy and fast to setup a new angle if you want.

750 usd shipped worldwide via DHL express (about 6 to 8 days to reach you ww) - all fees and taxes are automatically charged on my DHL partnership acc.

My classic zipped pouch included.

Feel free to hit me to be included in my book queue so i can show you all the options and range of materials/combinations.

fvazknives.com

Disclaimer: I DONT do paypal. Take payments via western union and can provide tons of references, most of them based in US.

Tonight ill be posting the 2 out of 3 mizu honyaki i prepared for this forum with an amazing handle out of natural exotic woods. Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks guys and have a nice sunday everyone!

Last edited:
Still got a small block of the bog oak left, if anyone like this material feel free to contact me for custom orders.

Back