Fall Food

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucretia

Reaction score
It's chilly, overcast and the trees are in their final display of fall glory. Perfect weather for stew! Nice shoulder roast, lots of wine, double-smoked bacon from the local butcher, more wine, lots of garlic, 7 secret herbs and spices, and miscellaneous vegs. A big glass of cabernet, buttermilk biscuits, mixed green salad & it's almost time for dinner.

It will look better when the peas go in, but they're a last minute addition.

Stew.jpg

This is a perfect time of year for big pots o' lots of food.

Looks good. I love the fall/winter soup and stew season. Not only is it tasty, but I do a lot more chopping and use my knives more. Btw, I think you forgot wine in your recipe ;)

k.

Looks delish, but it's not "Fall Food" to me. I cook one pot dishes all year. At any given time I might have a pot of chili, beef stew, clam chowder, some kinda pasta dish....maybe all four. I love leftovers and, being single, any one of these things becomes dinner in 5 to 10 minutes. Add some bread (hard crust, corn bread, biscuits, English muffins...plus butter)... and wine....I'm in business, with zero hassle.

I have some chile verde going right now, inspired by my trip to Las Cruces, NM this weekend and made with fresh Hatch chilis. I'm starting to get really hungry!

Back