Fallkniven Black Ceramic

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NO ChoP!

Old Head
Reaction score
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on these black ceramic rods by Fallkniven. They are 10.5" and nearly identical to the older Mac ceramic rods. I have the shorter version of the Mac, and from the handle to the rod itself, the difference is literally indiscernable. Best part, I paid $28! Far cry from the $60 for a Mac. Check 'em out!

And by older, I mean they are completely smooth, whereas I believe the newer Macs have a side that is grooved. But the tip is even with the rod like the newer Mac, so your knife wont catch it and chew it up.

Last edited:
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on these black ceramic rods by Fallkniven. They are 10.5" and nearly identical to the older Mac ceramic rods. I have the shorter version of the Mac, and from the handle to the rod itself, the difference is literally indiscernable. Best part, I paid $28! Far cry from the $60 for a Mac. Check 'em out!
Where are they sold in the US?

And it's $28 on ebay. $29 on Optics Planet, and they have readily available coupon codes for a min of 10% off.

Back