fantasy football league for knife knuts

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, for as little time as I have outside work, and the seriously decreasing fantasy football time I have devoted the last couple years, having a short league probably does not make sense. Fill 12, still in though.

well, it was cool that we atleast tried this year. everybody just check in on this thread every once in a while. we can put more thought into maybe offering a cool knife for the winner(s). next year ill be more organized i promise. if anybody wants in on the league next year...by all means drop a line here.

Bummer. Was out for the weekend and was hoping for good news in this thread.

How's about using this thread to give each other advice to dominate our other leagues?

i just finished a draft yesterday. basically every player that you might think is a sleeper gets taken 1-2 rounds early. finley went in the fifth. kembrell thompkins went in the 9th. reggie bush was the first pick of the second. my only regret is i didnt get enough running backs early. all the decent running backs will be gone by the end of round three, and pretty much all the good starters are gone by round 2.
but i did get jordan cameron in the 9th, and gronk in the 5th so im pretty happy.

i picked up vick as my backup in the 12th, i got dwyer in the 16th---should start since bell is out still atleast week 6, picked up vincent brown in the 11th since him and gates are the only 2 going to catch anything in san diego, and go denarius moore from oakload---though they suck him and dmc are the only 2 doing anything in the 15th.

i got dwyer late also, plus i got marcus wheaton for pittsburgh who could surpise. i got jonathon stewart in the 14th round. i need some of you carolina people to give me inside scoop on that panther running back debacle. leveon bell maybe back for week 6, but its not looking like hes going to get much playing time atfirst.

umm i wouldnt touch a panther other than olsen, smith, and cam. d. will looks old, stewart is getting a 2nd opinion on his foot today who knows, and barner is too damn small unless they use him like sproles.

as a saints fan, i must say im not too impressed with what ive seen from carolina and tampa so far. atlanta just got even better with steven jackson on the roster, theres no way gonzales can maintain his production he had last year... saints def is slowly falling apart as usual...

I like womans Soccer both Canadian & American girls.

Drew Brees is one of the best pocket passers to ever play the game IMO.Even wt. all the Saints troubles he still threw more touchdowns 43 than anyone else last year.He is 5th all time in TD's & is still playing.He is too short,the Chargers let go of him when he was injured.

The new popular QB's that can rush too like Griffin,Kaepernick,Newton,are hard on defences if they are good at the Read Option.Of coarse these high profile QB's can get injured running down the field.In time smart defensive coaches will figure out how to stop it.

Payton is back,Saint's defence is a priority.I think it will be either Saints or Atlanta in the NFC South.

12 team 1/2 point ppr draft tomorrow. Planning on RB rounds 1,2 & 3. Then WR 4 and maybe gronk or another WR. And wing it from there. I love a RB as my flex.

Is there anybody you guys think I might see in rounds three and four that would be worth abandoning the plan for?

12 team 1/2 point ppr draft tomorrow. Planning on RB rounds 1,2 & 3. Then WR 4 and maybe gronk or another WR. And wing it from there. I love a RB as my flex.

Is there anybody you guys think I might see in rounds three and four that would be worth abandoning the plan for?
if you get a rb in round 4(bernard,gore,lacy,wilson,miller)instead of round 2 you could still end up with a good running back group and have a top 5 wideout instead(aj green, dez bryant, marshall,or thomas). theres plenty of really good wideouts to get this year late in the draft, running back quality disappears by the end of the fourth round. besides graham, gronk to me is the only tight end this year worth a 5th round pick and he fell to me no problem.

who'd yall end up drafting in your other leagues?
PPR league with passing td 6pts so an elite qb is worth a lot.
qb: cam newton
rb1: arian foster
rb2: lamar miller
wr1: brandon marshall
wr2: antonio brown
te: antonio gates or brandon myers
flex: desean jackson, giovani bernard, mike williams
d: baltimore and st louis
k: who cares!? i drafted the tampa kicker from last year just to fill the spot, apparently he's NA so i have to pick up another off waiver, lol
hail mary 15th rnd pick: terrell pryor, i'm seeing tebow like results but way more rush yards!

i passed on david wilson in the 3rd hoping he falls to the 4th and took cam instead. kind of regret that but i'm pumped i have cam for the first time as he's my fav qb.

I am not thrilled with your starting QB, but has a lot of upside....just a lot of risk. Rooting for Foster to do well, even if I do not have him, but did well for me before. Jackson as flex should be golden, even if I hate the cocky bastard. Hopeful for Miller since I had him late. Good luck with the season!

if i were you i would pick up a 3rd tight end. i dont have much faith in eli hooking up a tight end, or antonio gates. i got gronk,jared cook and jordan cameron.

who do i start in flex

starting line up
qb-stafford
rb-mjd
rb-charles
wr-bowe
wr-a.j. green
def-houston
te-cook
kicker-akers
flex-eddie lacey-as of now

bn-rothlessburger
bn-montee ball
bn-mike williams
bn-stevie johnson
bn-t.y. hilton
bn-kembrell thompkins

ty hilton versus the raiders,k thompkins versus the bills, and stevie johnson playing catch up against the pats...all good starts. hilton is the safest bet i think.

what's up with this lame team defense?
No team D's here!

i wanted to do idp but that adds like 5 rounds to a draft and no one wants to do it

I am sold on the broncos. But I worry for manning. The pass protection was really spotty. I think Moreno is going to see plenty of time this year as a result.

julius thomas couldnt block well at all in the first half. hillman seems to be their pass catching RB,moreno north/south runner. ball is still developing.

ball is gonna ball out at end of year with most of the TDs, im projecting 20td, no yards but plenty of plunks

If he scores 20 TD's then that would be something. With the way Denvers offense is built I think they will not have more than 12 rushing TD's as a team. To compare Arian Foster had 17 TD's last year (15 rushing 2 rec) and he is a beast!

i'm not sold on julius thomas yet, baltimore safetys are weak until matt elam gets settled.

I agree, the guy showed what he's got but the question with all players is consistency. Lets see what he puts up week to week.

anybody here smart enough to draft peyton manning? d. thomas gave me 39 points tonight. what a great revenge game.

HecK yeah! I picked him up in the 3rd round in my league. He put up 68.9 pts for me. If he keeps playing like this, I wont even have to play anyone else on my team :)

Orange Julius big target,basketball hands,hard to bring down,or just poor defense with Baltimore secondary.Payton has alot of weapons & knows how to use them.Hope he can stay healthy the whole season.

Back