Favorite kitchen shoes?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The redback slip on boots are nice the elastic is where the ankle bone is. Some high tops I can't wear because press too hard against ankle.

For years I bought my leather lace up work shoes from Sears Ala Moana. They would last two years before replacing. Sears didn't last. Later used Birkis added cork inserts. Super easy to clean. But loose feel on feet leading to shuffle step.

Quick update: wore these for a couple of weeks and I’m pretty impressed. The non slip is fine and on par with what you’d expect. The leather itself is of fine quality as explained in the video I attached. This comes through in the feel when wearing and visually it’s noticeable that these are clearly much nicer than ANY other leather that’s used for kitchen shoes.
I wear barefoot styled shoes often outside of work (vivobarefoot Xero etc etc) and these do not have the same level of ground feel meaning there is a bit more stack height. Still feel close to the ground but certainly no slipper feeling. Toe box has plenty of room.
I would definitely recommend for anyone that’s looking for professional looking lightweight work shoes.
Website recommends sizing up if you’re a half size and they were right.
These are pretty slick! Just missing the unrivaled sex appeal of boots+shorts

steve irwin crocodile GIF

The redback slip on boots are nice the elastic is where the ankle bone is. Some high tops I can't wear because press too hard against ankle.

For years I bought my leather lace up work shoes from Sears Ala Moana. They would last two years before replacing. Sears didn't last. Later used Birkis added cork inserts. Super easy to clean. But loose feel on feet leading to shuffle step.
You should try Birkenstock Tokyo Supergrips if you haven’t already. German made leather uppers huge upgrade from reg Birkenstock kitchen clogs

Definitely get your moneys worth. They seem pretty indestructible
For sure. The shoe’s would last about like 2 years and insoles for a year. Super easy to clean as well. I’d just throw them in the washing machine when they got too dirty. Usually not line cook work for that. When I was on the line, I’d just hose them off at the end of the night. Easy peasy

I just rolled my ankles too many times skating as a teenager/college kid and it caught up with me in my 40s. If I didn’t need ankle support I’d probably just buy birk pros every couple of years

For sure. The shoe’s would last about like 2 years and insoles for a year. Super easy to clean as well. I’d just throw them in the washing machine when they got too dirty. Usually not line cook work for that. When I was on the line, I’d just hose them off at the end of the night. Easy peasy
Yep that's what I would do take out cork inserts shoot them with a hose.
Wipe down with reject torn rags. Look good as new.

I had been pretty happy with Sika clogs for the last six years or so, but I bought a new pair recently and felt like the quality took a nosedive. Upper leather was much stiffer/tighter and didn't seem to break in after a few weeks of wear. Non-slip soles were slippery as hell compared to previous ones.

I went with Naot Bjorn and I've been loving them. They feel like a hybrid of Sika & Birkenstock Super Grips (which I found great for your feet and if you're running up and down stairs etc, but a little flat and lacking in back support which I missed when standing in more of a static position for long hours). I'll probably buy another pair to rotate which I hope will help with longevity.

Back