Favorite kitchen shoes?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a canvas pair that fell apart pretty quick. Might’ve been the natural.
I like the style and comfort of most of the stuff from the mozo brand. I’d gladly pay more if they would last longer.

I'm on my 2nd pair of Mozo Forza, 1at was good for about 2 yr before they started looking like crap. Still structurally sound. Just got new ones.

noiv47.jpg

Have had these for like 5 years. Best working shoes ever. And will probably last atleats few more years. Not the best looking ones, not the cheapest ones. But still, best ones.

Edit. Jalas exalter, don't known if you can find these outside Finland

For a cheap very comfortable option: STICO clogs
Expensive long lasting option: Belleville hot weather gortex sided USMC boots, I get about 3 years from each pair.

Bistro Clogs with the soft orange insole. Work great. Only down side is your feet tend to sweat but in a commercial kitchen you tend to sweat most of the time!

I recently tried a pair of Sketchers Hydrophobic SR and I love them!

I wear Birkenstock Super Birki clogs. My feet feel great at the end of a shift and they hold up to the kitchen environment well. The cork insoles are very comfortable. My one complaint is that they tend to make me walk with a slight shuffle--it bothers other people more than me. A full on work boot would offer more protection and I've been thinking of switching over, maybe after the Birkis wear out.

Birkenstock London. I have a whole slew of work shoes in my office, from Dansko to Troentorp to Birks. Probably around 12 pairs in all that I switch up. But lately I’ve been just switching between my Londons. I believe it rotating to help with back problems and fatigue.
The only downfall of the Birks is the soles wear rather quickly and aren’t that slip resistant. However I love the feel, they make me less tall so I’m not always crouched over, and they’re seamless. Seams and laces are big no-no’s for me. Too easy for foods to get stuck in, and I prefer keeping my shoes polished and clean.

Those sievi are wild looking I kinda want a pair just because

I've tried birkis, dr marten's and crocs of course. But the slip mcallen sketchers seem to work best for me. I end up switching shoes the final few hrs of service though.

After 25 years of wearing everything from Doc Martins and Birkis I made the switch to a minimal shoe. Vivobarefoot Slyde Leather slip ons. After a few weeks of a break in period for my feet to get stronger they feel so free and amazing. My knees feels better too. Granted these aren't for most people. It works well for me since I'm behind a sushi bar all night and not running around on a line with hot oil and all that crap. Some of the FOH wears this style of shoe as well. I ended up switching all my shoes to a barefoot style and now regular shoes feel like foot prisons.

I usually go Vans slip-ons but they wear out VERY quickly so I've just bought a pair of WearerTech Energise - looks like a mash-up between a trainer and a clog. I really hate clogs so I hope they're more like trainers...

Sikas. Wooden soles. It takes me about 4 yrs to go through a pair. Been great for my back.

Sika is doing 15% off sale & free shipping for Black Friday. Good until Nov 30th - code is "black"

Just thought I would pass this along since these shoes are rather pricey. I've been wearing them for a few years thanks to tkern's recommendation in threads past. I think the wooden soles are more durable but I actually prefer their "Flex Insole" open back model. It's a nice mix of the kind of foot comfort you find with Birkenstock Bostons with the leg/back support of Danskos/Troentorps - but since the heel is less raised, you also have less of that feeling like you might roll your ankle any time you're on somewhat unstable ground. Easy to clean and very non-slip too.

The only downside I've found with the flex insole is that they are not the most durable. I burned through a pair of them in about 8 months - but I was also helping to open a restaurant and working 16+ hour days without rotating shoes. Which sucks when you're dropping $170 but my feet, legs, and back were all very comfortable even when working insane hours.

Back