Thai
Devils horn
Oh and ghost peppers by the hundreds
bell banana for sweets

I dry them separately and make varying degrees of chili powder

Last edited:

jacko9

Reaction score
I had one of you fine folks send me some of your ghost peppers a few years back and I thought I was "experienced". Ha - I chopped up one in a breakfast skillet one morning and I was going to explode ;-)

Staystrapped

Reaction score
I give mine away quite often, this year I had to basically refuse people for fear they would hurt themselves with the jigsaw and butlah, I can eat only tiny pieces at the beginning of a meal and my mouth will be spiced for the remainder

Staystrapped

Reaction score
I actually find that getting a “ store bought looking” bell pepper quite difficult. I came close this year by putting them in straight compost and blasting them once a week with 1000 ppm maxi bloom

Staystrapped

Reaction score
One of these days I will tell my award winning chicken wing recipe that involves the dry red chili

jacko9

Reaction score
I give mine away quite often, this year I had to basically refuse people for fear they would hurt themselves with the jigsaw and butlah, I can eat only tiny pieces at the beginning of a meal and my mouth will be spiced for the remainder
I finally ended up just taking a small slice and chopping it fine to add to my breakfast skillet and then I got the flavor without the overwhelming heat.

KO88

Reaction score
My most favourit is 7pot Brain Strain Yellow it gives great yields and the taste is phenomenal (heat unforgiving :) ).

Ploppy Blobby

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody in the bell pepper fanclub?

:(
d
Love them, I grow a bunch of the each year (a must for ratatouille) - sweet pimento an old fave and tried YOLO for this first time this year. Did well.

Crobert

Reaction score
I agree about bell peppers - I like spice so I tend to overlook them, but they're so versatile that many of my favorite foods just wouldn't be the same without.

jacko9

Reaction score
I did several red and green bell pepper plants this year and while the peppers were numerous they were medium to small peppers. I grew them in a new 2' x 8' x 23" raised bed planter with a heavy mulched soil mix.

Staystrapped

Reaction score
In my experience bell peppers require a heavy amount of fertilizer be it synthetic or organic
For organic I like the espoma brand due to the availability and affordability

Staystrapped

Reaction score
Seaweed based fertilizer is wonderful in my experience you can even make a dilute spray with it that seems to help

I’m too lazy for that though lol I like to just dump and forget

Latest posts