Favorite shapton glass progression

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No "plastic" here, It's all rubber and glass,,, and an incredibly solid platform to work on. It feels heavier than the stated 4 lbs, and sticks to the counter as if it were glued in place. It just oozes "quality" throughout. Gorgeous to look at, and a great working height. They'll have to pry my cold dead hands off this one.
I love mine too. This purchase was extremely well spent.

Quick update, if anyone is still interested in the SG Field Holder they have it for $55 on MTC + 20% BF discount. I just picked up a SG 500,2k,6k stack with holder for under $200 + shipping.
Sounds like a great deal. Thank you very much for sharing.

I also go 500 to 4k. Just seems quick and to the point. I have the 320 and like it a bunch, only use it when I have micro-chipping and such. 1k is great, but five hundo just does the job quicker and doesn't really scratch too deep. Others in the progression just sit around and collect dust.

I recently added a Sigma 3k for the one and done at the job. It's a weird stone. Feels and cuts like 1k. Polishes like 2k. Edge like a toothy 2k. Does the trick, though. I miss being able to leave a big brick soaking; cant really do that at this job.

Thanks for the heads up. Read the whole thread again. Watched Matus's video again. Ordered the $100 box and SG320. With discount $125.

Absolutely last question: Difference between $55 Field Box and $108 Stone Holder?

Thanks for the heads up. Read the whole thread again. Watched Matus's video again. Ordered the $100 box and SG320. With discount $125.

Absolutely last question: Difference between $55 Field Box and $108 Stone Holder?
About 3 lbs :) Seems the Stone Holder is just a rock solid base and holds no stones (besides the one you are using), while the Field holder is not as rock solid but comparably stable with the added bonus of holding 3 stones, weighing less and costing half as much?

About 3 lbs :) Seems the Stone Holder is just a rock solid base and holds no stones (besides the one you are using), while the Field holder is not as rock solid but comparably stable with the added bonus of holding 3 stones, weighing less and costing half as much?

Both stone holders are good, each in its own way and with its respective advantages.

I prefer the rock solid stone holder but I keep catching myself wanting to buy the field holder for on the go

Back