Favorite Song at the Moment

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The creature form the black lagoon,by Dave edmunds. Oops! Now Crawling from the wreckage!

"I knew the bride", Dave Edmunds version

Angie by the Stones. It came on when I went for a short run the other day and cant get it out of my head.

Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter

The absolute best karaoke song when you're completely shitfaced & stoned. :dazed:

I maintain a standing challenge that when that song comes on the radio, I'll give $5 to any one who knows all the words

Is the trick that there are no actual "words"?

Is the trick that there are no actual "words"?

Nah, there's real words(but he was trying to confuse and parody his rabid fans with this one). It's a cool song, actually. It's about a grungy kid who gets a letter saying his buddy died in the war and it makes him feel like he needs to be more in life, and he goes for a walk, and sees an old couple with a flag in the yard, and they represent the American Dream to him--what his friend died defending, and it touches him. But then he realizes that they see him, and just see a lowlife and they don't want him around, and he feels a kind of dialectical tension.

Oh yeah, and "aaayyy ayyyy, errr eeee uuhhh eeeeh".

It's goofy as heck, but the song of the moment for me has to be Splendid (Teasea remix) by Professor Elemental.

Just to add. Over the past couple of years, The Voice Project has created some of my favorite songs. It is a charity that has well-known artists covering other's work. The Dawes cover of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros is really good IMO. The songs are often stripped back and informal, but it really brings out the song.

Sometimes I rip the video to MP3 then edit the start point in iTunes to skip the chatting that often happens in the beginning.

k.

All this talk of Pearl Jam made me remember one of my favorite tracks they did. Pearl Jam, featuring Chad Smith from RHCP, starting a song out with Hedrix's "Little Wing," and then ripping it most profoundly into Funkadelic's "Maggot Brain."

[video=youtube;xhKxLgeNNUs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhKxLgeNNUs[/video]

Not a lot of guitarists have the stones to do Maggot Brain.

"Take it easy" by the Savoy Brown Blues Band.

The Deep Dark Woods - the birds on the bridge

Great band from Saskatoon!

The Blakes - Lie Next To Me... Haven't been able to get it out of my head for a couple days

Back