Feedback on Hiromune Takaba knives?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lagrangeL2

Reaction score
This has been asked and answered, but maybe there's more out there now.

I've some little knowledge of Hiromune Takaba's work as a swordsmith, but I'm curious about his knives. How do his knives cut, what is the balance like, and so forth?

I've seen them in some J. shops, on Tosho, and Korin used to carry them (they still might?). If Maksim has tried them out...it wouldn't surprise me.

Tamahagane or otherwise, if anyone has feedback on his knives, it would be much appreciated.

I'm bumping an old thread to see if there's any new thoughts on Hiromune Takaba knives? I saw some photos of a 270 elsewhere and am falling in love with the aesthetics... any thoughts on the knives as tools?

Never pulled the trigger on one but did some looking into. The beauty in these is the organic and almost living look of the iron cladding. My suggestion is if your really interested, make sure you look at a lot of close up photos.

Yeah, that's what caught my eye and has me attempting to research.

Are the knives still being made/sold, or is this something I'll have to pry out of another collection?

Yeah, that's what caught my eye and has me attempting to research.

Are the knives still being made/sold, or is this something I'll have to pry out of another collection?
Contact tosho, they would know availability.

It’s a very pretty looking knife. Cuts like a great axe. Imagine the thickest knife you know and have used, it’s thicker than that

It is a actually not that bad, apologies for the bad photo quality. The knife is also not that thick, actually way thinner than expected ...

Attachments

• A3882D0B-CC68-4033-B5AF-9884BA838F3F.jpeg
    A3882D0B-CC68-4033-B5AF-9884BA838F3F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 153
It is a actually not that bad, apologies for the bad photo quality. The knife is also not that thick, actually way thinner than expected ...
I assure you I have a bone cleaver with a thinner grind

Back