Feeling Saucy...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

HumbleHomeCook

Reaction score
I have a 4qt Made In sauce pan and 3.5qt Made In saucier. I love them both and actually use the saucier fairly often.

The overwhelming majority of my cooking these days is just for two and honestly, sometimes those two pans just feel pretty big. No question they do the job just fine and provide a lot of versatility but I just sometimes look into them and think, Hmph. I'm using like a third of this pan...

And it has me contemplating a smaller version of one of them. Made In doesn't offer a smaller saucier but they do have a 2qt saucepan with lid for $90USD:

Paderno offers a few different sizes of saucier pans with the 1 5/8qt and 2 1/8qt being the most relevant for me. The latter might be too close to the one I already have so the 1 5/8qt is the one I was mostly considering. Without a lid it's $73USD and with one it edges just over $100.

Not sure I'd use a lid very often down at this size as most everything will likely be a sauce but still might be nice to have. I do really enjoy a saucier but no question my sauce pans get a workout as well.

What do you all think? And yes, I know the easy answer is to get both but I'm slowly building out my gear and prioritizing so right now, it would be one or the other. :)

Michi

I'm having a status just so I don't have no status
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want a saucier, the Paderno is the better option because of the rounded corners. I’d get the lid because then you can use it as an extra pan when you don’t need it to make sauce. And a lid is always nice when you want to keep things warm for a while.

HumbleHomeCook

Reaction score
If you want a saucier, the Paderno is the better option because of the rounded corners. I’d get the lid because then you can use it as an extra pan when you don’t need it to make sauce. And a lid is always nice when you want to keep things warm for a while.
I never realized how nice a saucier is until I got one. They really are, I know, shocking, great for making sauces. The rounded corners are so nice.