D. Martell Felt Group Buy??

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
So let's give this another try, shall we?

I'll get with the guy in India and see what the deal is and I'll post back here ASAP.

In the meantime if you're interested please post or if you have questions please ask.

Thanks,
Dave

I just heard back from my supplier. I can get a smaller than normal shipment (this time only) because he's got only a small amount (28 Ultra-Rock Hard pads) of this type of felt on hand. Any additional orders would require manufacturing and a substantial wait time.

De-burring blocks are available up to 50 pcs (only) at this time.

I think the only fair thing to do here is to do first come first served with those who posted above getting first dibs. I'll take orders, and pre-payments, only to the point that I can fill directly.

We'll have to talk about the future order thing at a later date.

How does that sound?

ultra-rock-hard-felt-pad46-jpg.4799

Features
: ULTRA-Rock Hard Felt De-Burring Pad

Our ULTRA-Rock Hard Felt Deburring Pad is designed to give the ultimate in burr removal specifically to Japanese knives when used in conjunction with our Hard Felt DeBurring Block.

This pad is to be used after each and every sharpening stone you employ!

The proper use would be to strop the knife's edge at a slightly increased angle (maybe 1-2 degrees higher of an angle than what you're sharpening at) while using strong downward pressure. This action, along with the natural properties of this ULTRA-Rock Hard Felt Pad will draw the burrs away from and off of the cutting edge.

Used along with our Rock Hard Felt Block you will be able to remove even the toughest most stubborn burrs in no time at all leaving a crisp clean edge behind.

The steps to success in using our felt deburring system would be:

1. Slice into the Rock Hard Felt Block
2. Strop on the ULTRA-Rock Hard Felt Pad (both sides of the knife)
3. Slice into the Rock Hard Felt Block
4. Strop on the ULTRA-Rock Hard Felt Pad (both sides of the knife)

I've tested and used many types of hard felt in the past and I can tell you that none compare to our ULTRA-Rock Hard version in regards to deburring, draw, and wear. This is a premium hard to find natural wool product imported from India. In searching I can not find an equal.

This pad can be charged (loaded) with diamond spray to use as a final finish strop. Used in this manner the pad will provide crisp clean bitey edges. This is the perfect replacement for stropping on leather. Can also be charged with chromium oxide powder. Click HERE to see a trick to applying chromium oxide to felt pads.

Our ULTRA-Rock Hard Felt Pad will not roll or dub a knife's edge due to it's heavily compacted surface, there's just simply no give at all in this pad. Use with confidence!

Sizes - 11" x 3" x 1/8"

*Please note - Some imperfections or variations may appear in the surface of pad. This is normal and perfectly OK as this is a natural material.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rock-hard-felt-deburring-block54-jpg.4801

p9280043-jpg.4802

Features: Hard Felt De-Burring Block

Our Hard Felt Deburring Block is designed to give the ultimate in burr removal specifically to Japanese knives when used in conjunction with our ULTRA-Rock Hard Felt DeBurring Pad.

This block is to be used after each and every sharpening stone you employ!

The proper use would be to slice into a corner of the block and run the knife's edge through from heal to tip. This action will allow the felt to draw burrs away and off of the cutting edge. Used along with our ULTRA-Rock Hard Felt Pad you will be able to remove even the toughest most stubborn burrs in no time at all leaving a crisp clean edge behind.

This is a premium hard to find natural wool product imported from India.

This simple felt block has become one of, if not the most, significant advancements in deburring Japanese knives that I've experienced since I began sharpening them. I couldn't imagine sharpening without one.

*Please note - Some imperfections or variations may appear in the surface of pad. This is normal and perfectly OK as this is a natural material.

Pricing

Ultra-Rock Hard Felt Pad - $17

Rock Hard Felt Deburring Block - $11

Shipping

To be billed later when items are ready to ship and weighed.

USPS Priority Shipping will be the only option available

Latest posts

Back