Finally Finished

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRLOVER

Reaction score
001-51.jpg

003-44.jpg

007-30.jpg

005-37.jpg

009-24.jpg

012-12.jpg

I did some remodeling on the blade,and finally was able to make a Wa without screwing it up.The last pic is my blade vs. TKC.

specs:
weight 195 grams
over all length 410mm
blade length 260mm
edge length 250mm
2.5mm over the heel
tapering slightly to a thin tip of .67mm

WOW, check out how thin that is! Congrats, looks great.

Nice! I actually had to look twice at the handle - that looks like one of mine, same design and proportions as the one I just sent to Jeff, but I couldn't remember having used that combination before ;)

Stefan

The knife looks awesome, I like the profile a lot sand the grind looks superb.
Handle very nicely compliments the blade.
Great job.

Wow, knife and handle look amazing, interesting profile as well looks like the tip will be really agile especially given the thinness.
How long did it take and where did the steel cone from?

That one look very nice !!! I like the patterns on the steel a lot ! What is the steel ? where to get :)

Yeah really....awesome job. Like to know the steel maker too. I guess that assumes you made this from scratch which you didn't mention unless I missed it.

The sheer amount of talent on this website makes me feel a little sick

I guess I don't know what that actually means as far as hardness or composition. Looks good at any rate, and I like the choil.

The comp is 01 & L6 and i would put it around 62rc at least,it's not soft.

I'd buy it! Nice work, everything looks incredibly well done.

Hello Guys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Very nice, knife and handle look amazing, interesting profile as well looks like the tip will be really agile especially given the thinness.

Wow... thats a sexy knife! Really nice job.

Wow don't know how I missed this. I saw the handle thread.

Great looking blade Mario! It really looks like you nailed the thin grind. What have you cut up with it so far?

The profile is probably the best I've ever seen; love the long length of flatness on the edge; love the tip; love that its borderline shallow in depth; and of course, love your rounded choil (Ive copied this on several of the knives I found myself choking up on a bunch). he handle is just icing on the cake! Great job M! :thumbsup:

Thanx potato,I have beat the snot out of it to see if the thin edge would hold up.I read a post a long time ago about how many dammy blades were thick behind the edge so I wanted to make a blade with a sturdy spine and a thin edge.I am happy with it so far.Chris....I wanted a large flat spot but my newbie grinding skills failed,there is no flat spot on the blade at all.

Back